Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMFP Lantern.
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
AMFP Lantern.

Hey guys.

I got a little problem again.
I was able to convert the amfp lantern weeks ago, thanks to romulator :p
But now i noticed some ugly things i would like to fix. I already tried some things but none of them worked so i decided to make this thread.

Ugly thing 1: When i turn on the lantern ingame everything seems normal. But when you look at the ground you can see a ball of light floating there. Its from the lantern i guess but it isnt supposed to look like that ingame. How can i fix that so the light ball doesnt appear when looking down?

Ugly thing 2: When i place the lantern in the map and go there to pick it up, it looks like the oil lantern from atdd. How can i change the model for it to the amfp model? (The one who shows you which item it is)

Ugly thing 3(Last one i promise >3): In the inventory, the lantern also looks like the oil lantern...

Help would be appreciated.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
03-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: AMFP Lantern.

It might be interfering with the default files. If they are named the same, they could be mixed up. Try to isolate the lantern by editing the names, but don't forget to edit all the configs and entities if you do. That should fix 2 and 3.

As for the ball, I'm not sure. Do you have a screen shot? What kind of ball is it? Maybe you can open the entity and modify it to hide that ball.

03-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

You have to make a total conversion, in order to get these two lanterns work separately, or replace current lantern with aamfp assests, i would recommend to make backup, if you choose option 2.

EDIT: And of course the icon will be the same, there's no such thing in aamfp because theres no inventory.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014, 05:49 PM by Red.)
03-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Well im not doing a normal cs. Its a fc mod i guess. The amfp lantern works but well i said that above.

I cant screenshot the ball thing but it appears when you look down with the lantern on. I think we are only supposed to see a part of the ball coming out of the lantern and sticking to its movement

03-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Ah, yes of course the MFP lantern doesn't have an icon. You'll need to create one yourself.

But yeah, you should be able to open the entity in the model editor and modify it. Move that ball into the lantern. Perhaps its Y axis got reset.

03-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Thanks for all the replies so far =D

Im trying the model Editor at the moment and i can move the light ball thingy. But how can i make it fit to the lanterns movement? Thats what i need for hiding the ball and making the lantern look like in AMFP.

03-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Perhaps you can do something to make it invisisble. I don't really know what ball is there.

03-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

I cant make screenshots :/
If you play amfp and turn on the lantern, look at the point where the light comes out and there should be the part of the ball. Mine doesnt fit to the movement and stays at the same spot which makes it look ugly when you look down or move the lantern...

Means i want to make it look natural.

03-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

That probably means that the halo billboard isn't connected to the body of the Lantern and thus when the body moves the halo doesn't.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

(03-18-2014, 12:27 PM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: That probably means that the halo billboard isn't connected to the body of the Lantern and thus when the body moves the halo doesn't.

Ah, yes that makes more sense.

If this is the case, you can open the entity in your model editor and simply attach it to the body of the lantern. Do you know how?

03-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Find