Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Player REACT Sounds
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Changing Player REACT Sounds

Looks like there isn't any fixing it. I've fiddled with the game.cfg and the .snt's and the hurt sounds (when taking fall damage or just damage) won't change.

I assume it's integrated, as I haven't found a place to change these sounds.

Thanks anyway guys. Smile We'll just pretend my character breathes like a Russian body builder when she get's hurt. xDD

04-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

Threads: 2

(04-07-2014, 05:42 AM)HannahDJA Wrote: Looks like there isn't any fixing it. I've fiddled with the game.cfg and the .snt's and the hurt sounds (when taking fall damage or just damage) won't change.

I assume it's integrated, as I haven't found a place to change these sounds.

Thanks anyway guys. Smile We'll just pretend my character breathes like a Russian body builder when she get's hurt. xDD

No wait don't give up, yet. You can change the character sounds (I've replaced them with the Justine sound files and it works properly) what you need to do is put them in the sounds folder (names of folders that determine what sound are used: player, react, and ui, those are probably what your looking for), then edit the .snt files to use only those sound files (the jump sound is called player_female_jump1.ogg, and the Amnesia sound file is called player_jump1.ogg, so what I would do is make a backup of the original, then I would rename the player_female_jump1.ogg to player_jump1.ogg, if I was short on sound files or the were more than the original, I would use notepad++ to edit the .snt file and either add or remove the entries) and you can attach those sound files with the mod so other people can do that too, just tell them to do that in a readme. Lastly, make sure they are .ogg file if not then it won't work.

You can try that if I wasn't clear on anything let me know and I'll try to explain it better.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 06:07 AM by kwarrior109.)
04-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

The thing is that it replaces the original files so after you do this it's permanent. Unless you wanna change again. It's doesn't worth the bother for replacing and backups.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

Threads: 2

(04-07-2014, 06:10 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: The thing is that it replaces the original files so after you do this it's permanent. Unless you wanna change again. It's doesn't worth the bother for replacing and backups.

I did mention to make a backup of the original sound files for that reason as in making a copy of the original files and put them somewhere that you can remember, I'm just offering a solution to Hannah's problem, there's no need to judge it, if it works then it works, I've done this multiple times before and it works just fine.

I could even make it to where the player would sound like the grunt, when the player would do things like jumping, getting hurt, or losing sanity.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 06:23 AM by kwarrior109.)
04-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

If I understand correctly, she can't change some built-in sounds?
You still can put your own sounds (with the same names as the originals) to make amnesia use yours. I think Mudmill already explained it but I'll try to use another words.

I guess you're looking for the sounds in /sounds/ui
If you're not sure which sound you wanna change, go back to Amnesia, try to get hurt or whatever and check which sound is playing. You gotta enable in the dev panel(F1) "show sounds playing".

Spoiler below!

Now make your own sounds, export them to .ogg and name them whatever you want.
The important one is the .snt, if you're modifying hurt_pant1.ogg and its friends, in the same folder you should find another text file called hurt_pant.snt
Copy that one and your new ones to your mod, [your_mod]/sounds/panda or whatever.
Edit hurt_pant.snt as text, locate the name of the sounds and change them to match yours.

Now, edit your resources.cfg file, it's somewhere inside your mod folders, and put your mod path first on the list.

That should be it.

04-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(04-07-2014, 07:01 AM)Amn Wrote: If I understand correctly, she can't change some built-in sounds?
You still can put your own sounds (with the same names as the originals) to make amnesia use yours. I think Mudmill already explained it but I'll try to use another words.

I guess you're looking for the sounds in /sounds/ui
If you're not sure which sound you wanna change, go back to Amnesia, try to get hurt or whatever and check which sound is playing. You gotta enable in the dev panel(F1) "show sounds playing".

Spoiler below!

Now make your own sounds, export them to .ogg and name them whatever you want.
The important one is the .snt, if you're modifying hurt_pant1.ogg and its friends, in the same folder you should find another text file called hurt_pant.snt
Copy that one and your new ones to your mod, [your_mod]/sounds/panda or whatever.
Edit hurt_pant.snt as text, locate the name of the sounds and change them to match yours.

Now, edit your resources.cfg file, it's somewhere inside your mod folders, and put your mod path first on the list.

That should be it.

You are effing amazing. I didn't even realize that there were hurt sounds. In the react folder, there were long pants that sounded just like the hurt pants, so I didn't even check! (Laziness on my part I suppose).

It worked. Dear god what would I do without this forum?

Probably curl up into a corner and just cry.... and cry...

04-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

oww :3
u give me too much credit, milady, many others helped you before me. But thank you.

04-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Find