Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help A working map crashes the editor !
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A working map crashes the editor !

PLEASE NO KILLERINO :B

Was just the format when I downloaded the pic, since I'm dumb and new to custom planes I didn't change it as you can see x)...

What format do I need to make them ? .dds ?

04-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Yes. In Amnesia you can only use DDS and TGA. Make it DDS.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Thanks a lot kind sir : >.

Sorry for the questions that probably sounded dumb to you, I'm just beginning with custom textures and planes x)...

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 12:33 PM by daortir.)
04-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Certain image files use other formats. The startup logos use .jpgs but I guess they're pretty irrelevant. Targa (.tga) is the main format used for GUI images and icons. DirectDraw Surface (.dds) is mainly used for model textures, planes and other 3D environmental objects. You can use Gimp or Photoshop to export either, DDS with the help of a plugin. Paint.NET also has built-in support for DDS.

04-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

It's not the texture bros, it's just a warning that the image, not being pow of 2, will not be affected by an optimizer thing I can't remember. Someone explained it before, but it's not that at all.
Otherwise, none of test maps would open in LE, I get tons of those.

If you want, I can try to save it. I crash my maps all the time, (cause I'm stubborn sometimes and I modify the files directly as text) xD. Send me city.map over skype.

04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Hey Amn : > !
Thanks for the proposition, but I managed to somehow fix the issue ^^ ! I deleted the custom textures and the map file opened again. I don't really know what was wrong with it, I'd be surprised if the editor was crashing because of the format or size, but well I fixed it for now and changed my texture to a power of 2 dds file.

i'm still a bit worried because I'm unsure what happened, but right now the map is safe :B...

Thans again to everyone ^^.

04-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Find