Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Pyramid Head Model
vengey Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Help on Pyramid Head Model

Welllllllll here is the issue I am having now xD sorry, I binded the skin to the rig, and just for the sake of it binded the whole group to the rig. I froze transformations. I imported the model into the model viewer...but uhmmmm here's the problem it is crashing without even making the .MSH file nor mat file. So let's see what happens if I delete the mat file for now

UHP there's the .msh

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 09:02 PM by vengey.)
04-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

The model viewer always makes a .msh. and the .mat file when you import a mesh so it should be there. Any luck?

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
04-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Okay after checking the model view, for some ODD reason the crash is originating from the rig again, but this time it's not that the rig is broken, at least I dont think, but here is what the log prints out

Bone 'Spine02_Joint' does not exist

And it does that for every joint

04-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Hmm that is very weird. Are you sure the rig is binded to the skin? And do you have "joints and skin" box checked when exporting? Never had this before so maybe you'll have to re-make the rig :/

04-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Find
vengey Offline

OMG I GOT IT TO IMPORT

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ARSE I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH IN MY LIFE TIME

The problem was two fold

A) The joints were in their own group for some odd reason and some tiny little other issue I forget, but that put an end to that

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM by vengey.)
04-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Haha you did? What was the problem then?

Edit: nvm Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 10:04 PM by Juras.)
04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Juras, you are officially going to see me do something stupid on campus, thank you, thank you

04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Hahaha, I'm glad I could help Smile If you need more help with animating down the road or stumble upon other issues feel free to ask Smile

04-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Find
vengey Offline

I will try my best to come to you if I need help especially since I plan on doing many more character models after I get this one complete for the story. After looking at how shitty Amnesia Hill was, I realized I was not satisfied with it at all especially after spending all of freshman year here at RIT studying programming and design, I have came to the conclusion it was absolute utter shit. So here I am a year later and am remaking the whole damn thing, better and something I can actually be proud to say is mine. Well not really MINE considering Konami will probably sue the ever loving shit out of me, but hey that's for future me to worry about Big Grin

Actually I DO have one other question for you, very simple

The weight paintbrush cannot be used, so how would I go about fixing this without that?

[Image: T8Jcix8.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 10:28 PM by vengey.)
04-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Find
Juras Offline

What are you talking about? Of course you can use the weight paint Big Grin You should weight paint all the bones and make sure that they move the parts you want to move on your main rigged model first before starting to animate Smile Just make sure you normalize the weights after you edit your weights or the vertices will literally go all crazy in the HPL2.

If you don't mind I'll be going to bed right now, it's been a long day lol and I have to wake up early tommorow. Like I said before, I'll be away for around 5 days but I'll still be able to answer your questions through my phone Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 10:38 PM by Juras.)
04-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Find