Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Development Environment Help
Steve Offline

Threads: 17
[SOLVED] Development Environment Help

Hey all,

I have this (I think) easy to fix problem, but I do not really know where the problem lies precisely.
I wanted to try to play an custom story a few months ago but I encountered a problem. I couldn't save. I tried putting back the files you needed to edit for the development environment but that didn't seem to work. So I gave up on playing the CS. Only now when I wanted to go work on my own CS again I can't seem to get amnesia working and I think it lies within the "Main_settings.cfg" or "user_settings.cfg" files.

So if anyone could send me an Untouched and a Delopment environment version of these files that would be a bless.

I think that I might've edited a part I shouldn't have and that is why amnesia won't even boot now.

Thank you already.

~ Steve

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM by Steve.)
04-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Development Environment Help

Well, seeing as Amnesia refuses to work, when you start it up, and it stops working, could you attach the hpl.log file from Documents/Amnesia/ ? That can help us get an understanding of what's going on Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Find
Steve Offline

{Removed by user}
This contains all you would maybe like to see I guess.

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 01:09 PM by Steve.)
04-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

<Map File="Final Light7.map" Folder="Maps/" StartPos="PlayerStartArea_Seven"/>

Amnesia probably can't find one of those. Maybe the Map is gone or the StartPos msising.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Find
Steve Offline

(04-10-2014, 05:15 PM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote:
<Map File="Final Light7.map" Folder="Maps/" StartPos="PlayerStartArea_Seven"/>

Amnesia probably can't find one of those. Maybe the Map is gone or the StartPos msising.

Both are there, I don't think this part is the problem cause amnesia won't even start anymore.

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
04-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Alright, I quickly reviewed your main_settings.cfg file, and you are missing quite a fair bit of stuff. I think you may have deleted a line of stuff on accident. Therefore, I think that is your problem.

Comparing your 1st line to mine:
Yours:
<Main ShowMenu="false" ExitMenuDirectly="true" SaveConfig="false"1.000000" Gamma="1.200000" Shadows="1" SSAOActive="true" SSAOSamples="8" ShadowQuality="1"
Mine:
<Main ShowMenu="true" ExitMenuDirectly="false" SaveConfig="true" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" StartLanguage="english.lang" UpdateLogActive="false"

In yours, after the SaveConfig parameter, yours goes pretty haywire.

Here's an unedited one from one of my accounts, renamed to dev_user. You will have to redo again in fixing up for the dev environment, but should help you get back on track. If it doesn't work, then there is something else bugging you as well. This should help with setting up, just in case you lost the link Smile

<Main ShowMenu="true" ExitMenuDirectly="false" SaveConfig="true" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" StartLanguage="english.lang" UpdateLogActive="false" LoadDebugMenu="false" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" ShowPreMenu="true" />
<Graphics TextureQuality="0" TextureFilter="2" TextureAnisotropy="1.000000" Gamma="1.000000" Shadows="1" SSAOActive="true" SSAOSamples="8" ShadowQuality="1" ShadowResolution="2" WorldReflection="true" SSAOResolution="0" EdgeSmooth="false" ParallaxEnabled="true" ParallaxQuality="0" GBufferType="0" NumOfGBufferTextures="3" OcclusionTestLights="true" Refraction="true" ShadowsActive="true" ForceShaderModel3And4Off="false" PostEffectBloom="true" PostEffectImageTrail="true" PostEffectSepia="true" PostEffectRadialBlur="true" PostEffectInsanity="true" />
<Engine LimitFPS="true" SleepWhenOutOfFocus="true" />
<Screen Width="1024" Height="768" FullScreen="true" Vsync="false" />
<Physics PhysicsAccuracy="2" UpdatesPerSec="60.000000" />
<Sound Device="0" Volume="1.000000" MaxChannels="32" StreamBuffers="4" StreamBufferSize="262144" />
<MapLoad FastPhysicsLoad="false" FastStaticLoad="false" FastEntityLoad="false" />

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Find
Steve Offline

ahh, yes thank you.
It's working again. Already suspected such a thing. Smile

+rep ^^

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%