Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things you did as a kid
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
Things you did as a kid

this thread right here is to remind ourselves how silly we were in our youth

there's a million things I could share but i'll start off with a few randoms and share more after a few posts Smile

My cousin and me set a book on fire in my grandparents room. Luckily no harm was done except the burned book and smokey room.

When me and my family went shopping, instead of going with my brother to check out videogames, toys and such. I stayed with my dad in a perfume shop, trying different perfumes on (I still do that sometimes <.<)

I also wrote a guide on how to "get ladies", I wrote 1. Ferrari 2. Wear sunglasses and a hat 3. Drink cocacola

When there was snow, instead of skiing and such, me and my cousin hauled a bunch of barrels on top of a hill, climbed into them and rolled all the way down. As if that wasnt dangerous enough, we also made a little bump with a snow so the barrel kinda jumped up

Threw a smoke bomb in my elementary school, I was around 10

Your turn

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Things you did as a kid

I played games.

And gamed.

Might've been some sleep and food consumption involved somewhere between those two at one point or another.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 01:39 PM by Traggey.)
04-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

(04-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Traggey Wrote: I played games.

And gamed.

Might've been some sleep and food consumption involved somewhere between those two at one point or another.

if you were younger than me i'd believe you only did that but man, did you really do nothing but gamed? Big Grin There werent really many games back then xD

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep. Games. Sleep.

... story continues ...

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM by Yuhaney.)
04-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I'm twenty one.. I grew up on PS1 and PC.. :/ There were lots of games.

But I guess I'll have to admit it, I did practise karate for about five years.
04-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I didn't really appreciate PlayStation (1) as a kid.
I was mostly PC gamer and sometimes played NES and Game Boy.

(04-10-2014, 01:45 PM)Dogfood Wrote: There werent really many games back then xD

False. There were lots of games. There were also lots of games before I was even born.
I think the feeling of 'not lots of games' is because the internet wasn't a big thing and games we played were usually the ones that came with the platform or something you got from your local store.

But I only speak for myself, living first 15 years of my life in a house faaaaar from the nearest civilization, which had around 5000 people in total.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 02:22 PM by Yuhaney.)
04-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Website Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

Quote:I also wrote a guide on how to "get ladies", I wrote 1. Ferrari 2. Wear sunglasses and a hat 3. Drink cocacola

I'm not detecting a change in your thought processes since! Tongue

Games. Get my brothers in trouble. Games. ANIMALS. Games.
What I truly miss (besides getting my brothers in trouble)? Camping and hiking. I love animals and nature as much as I love video games.

My mom had an in-home day care, so we did tons of fun stuff, like building lego cars and crashing them to see who's the best builder.

Then there was the time my brother and dad sent a baseball threw the wall of a plastic above ground pool in our yard, causing it to spill it's chlorinated contends all over the yard. I still remember my mom yelling 'MY POOOOOL!!!' from the upstairs window.

My mom would make home made clay for us on rainy days. I fashioned one like a flute and after baking it, tried to play it (I think I might still have it lying around).

04-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

When i was young i was playing Wolfenstein3d and after i finished that Doom came out and my life was completed!
Ohh.. between that i played a lot of soccer!!!
ANd 1 thing i am NOT proud of ; i did burn a shet down :O ... Matches and young kids Tongue
What a life, no money problems no jail hahhaha Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 02:29 PM by DnALANGE.)
04-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Playing in the woods with my friends, I remember this one kid who made a "sword" out of a metal pipe pounded flat and accidentally hurt another kid rather badly.

My older brother and one of his friends would go out into the woods in the neighborhood and raid our treehouses like the lawless scum they were. I remember one time we had a small scale "war" trying to fend them off while protecting the treehouse with my friends, good times.

I also played a lot of game, mainly PC games and Playstation, Rayman was one of my favourite games as a kid (still is one of my favourites).

As I grew a little bit older (10-15) I started getting interested in arts, music, writing and stuff related to that, one thing lead to the other and now I'm in prison.*

*Kidding, I'm making games now, and it's awesome.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

(04-10-2014, 02:13 PM)Abraxas Wrote: I fashioned one like a flute and after baking it, tried to play it (I think I might still have it lying around).

did it work? Big Grin

04-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Find