Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Abandoned Town (Community Project)
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project?

Kia, have you got it wrapped up yet? Big Grin
07-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-11-2014, 01:49 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-20-2014, 04:07 AM)Harry Potter Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 08:35 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: Basically what's happening:

It was waiting for Hardarm and I to finish our areas. Hardarm's done with his, so I just need to finish mine (apologies for that; I should be able to finish it and wrap up the project in a pretty CS bow by July 5).

In other words, the current version is wrapping up, but you're welcome to start a new map/gigantic community project since this one's pretty much closed/dead Big Grin

GIANT TOWN HUB IDEA COMMENCES

Let's not, considering the number of people in this community who can make decent outdoor areas can be counted on one hand, excluding people who can model.

I think one guy make a good outdoor map and the rest make like pubs, taverns, etc.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-11-2014, 02:15 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

That took way longer than it should have. I apologize.

Oh man I am so tired now. Good night, fair people. Happy exploring. I made Hardarm's area accessible by taking a trip through the door in Nikson's room (the one with the nice surprise). Yes, you can get back out if you missed one of the rooms before Hardarm's. The exit door is in Hardarm's map, too (because there were some doors leading to black holes that needed filling); it'll lead to a screen with credits (which has all your lovely names on it).

I also made a ModDB page - just waiting on approval for it I think.

Cool beans. Try not to yell at me if something's not working - it's almost 03:30 here and I was working all day.

I'd totally volunteer to do the hub for the town idea if I wasn't so sleepy. I'd recommend having everyone who wants to contribute to list their names, so that the mapper with this daunting task knows exactly how many buildings s/he has to make. Either that or limit the number of contributors.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 10:27 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
07-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Find
Artsy Offline

YAY! PARTY! Big Grin
Anyway - on the Mod DB page the release date is July 19. Assuming the mod will be approved by that time. And the custom story folder you shared here... is it like a pre-release? Tongue
I'll be able to play it once I reinstall Amnesia, (kind of off-topic)
Spoiler below!
I merged all the aamfp entities, static obj. and textues with the ttd's ones, result: crashes my game and most entities are changed to static type that normally in tdd weren't static. Broke the entire game; unable to play tdd or justine because there are obstracles, ex. cannot play justine bc lantern has disappeared, phono is static, door with padlock and rope mechanism are broken. Fml.

About the town hub idea, I'd like to participate!
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 03:58 PM by Artsy.)
07-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I guess this is a pre-release until the moddb one is approved :p (the late release date was in case I fell asleep while working on it or there were problems getting it approved)

No D: you didn't read the instructions for replacing Sad you were only supposed to add the missing files, then install the update for ATDD (131111). I'd say just reinstall amnesia again. And make sure you delete the .anm and .mesh files from amfp

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
07-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

(07-14-2014, 05:07 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: I guess this is a pre-release until the moddb one is approved :p (the late release date was in case I fell asleep while working on it or there were problems getting it approved)

No D: you didn't read the instructions for replacing Sad you were only supposed to add the missing files, then install the update for ATDD (131111). I'd say just reinstall amnesia again. And make sure you delete the .anm and .mesh files from amfp

I did read everything! I had the 131111 update since long ago and the new amfp files (didn't replace anything). But I have backup folders for the aamfp entities, static obj. and textures and I kinda wanted to use the modified/darker versions of the default walls for mansionbase (the ones they used in amfp) but I guess I coped and pasted everything from an older non modified version of those files (with mesh and anm files) by accident without realizing...

Edit: the mod was approved on Mod DB. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 05:18 PM by Artsy.)
07-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(07-14-2014, 10:23 AM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: I'd totally volunteer to do the hub for the town idea if I wasn't so sleepy. I'd recommend having everyone who wants to contribute to list their names, so that the mapper with this daunting task knows exactly how many buildings s/he has to make. Either that or limit the number of contributors.

*Listing my name*

Trying is the first step to success.
07-17-2014, 01:57 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

* Romulator raises his hand in offering - ready to assist with the town idea.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 07:33 AM by Romulator.)
07-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Writing Romulator and Flawless' name in the list..

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Find
Artsy Offline

(07-17-2014, 08:13 AM)Harry Potter Wrote: Writing Romulator and Flawless' name in the list..

Hey I'm joining too! Sad
07-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Find