Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia: A Coward's Debt [FULL RELEASE]
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: Amnesia: A Coward's Debt [FULL RELEASE]

Ugggh I'm really embarrassed at all the bugs and errors that people are running into. However, I am making note of them and will start working to patch them up. Missing textures have already been fixed.

There are only two issues that I can't fix:

1) The elevator doors flying away when they open. I've gone so far as to totally remake the entities several times, and everything in the model's file states that they should act normally, but they are still acting up. No one on the forums seems to know why this is happening. I don't know what to do at this point.

2) Sanity drain gets turned back on when a game is saved and then reloaded. I don't know any way to fix this, as there are no script functions that trigger upon a save game being reloaded. I've already implemented a script that makes sure it's turned off every time the map changes, but I'm not sure what else to do.

04-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Damascus Wrote:Ugggh I'm really embarrassed at all the bugs and errors that people are running into. However, I am making note of them and will start working to patch them up. Missing textures have already been fixed.

There are only two issues that I can't fix:

1) The elevator doors flying away when they open. I've gone so far as to totally remake the entities several times, and everything in the model's file states that they should act normally, but they are still acting up. No one on the forums seems to know why this is happening. I don't know what to do at this point.
Maybe you could skip that elevator part by making the screen fade out while you teleport the player in and out.
In my experience, I had no problems at all with any texture or entity of yours so I guess not everybody is having those problems.

Damascus Wrote:2) Sanity drain gets turned back on when a game is saved and then reloaded. I don't know any way to fix this, as there are no script functions that trigger upon a save game being reloaded. I've already implemented a script that makes sure it's turned off every time the map changes, but I'm not sure what else to do.
So the function OnEnter doesn't trigger after a game load?
Anyways if you're not using the sanity drain at all, you could start a timer that calls itself to stop the sanity drain every 5~10 seconds or something.

04-17-2014, 04:34 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

(04-17-2014, 04:34 AM)Amn Wrote: Maybe you could skip that elevator part by making the screen fade out while you teleport the player in and out.
In my experience, I had no problems at all with any texture or entity of yours so I guess not everybody is having those problems.
That's a possibility, but I'd have to fade the screen out before they even get in the elevator, since just opening it would cause problems. I've thought about just having the doors fade in and out rather than open and close, but it would be a bit jarring. Though no more jarring than having the doors fly away and cause havoc, I'm sure.

(04-17-2014, 04:34 AM)Amn Wrote: So the function OnEnter doesn't trigger after a game load?
Anyways if you're not using the sanity drain at all, you could start a timer that calls itself to stop the sanity drain every 5~10 seconds or something.

Nope, doesn't seem like OnEnter triggers for a game load. But the timer idea sounds good. Timers keep going after a game has been exited and loaded, right?

04-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Find
tezpull666 Away
Banned

Threads: 15

I would love to see a flying elevator! xD

Will do part 2 when i'm home, and i hope to see it fly!
04-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(04-17-2014, 06:44 AM)Damascus Wrote: Nope, doesn't seem like OnEnter triggers for a game load. But the timer idea sounds good. Timers keep going after a game has been exited and loaded, right?
Yeap. They stay forever. In my mod TheRaven the curtains are moved via timers and they remain functional after a game save/load.

04-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Find
starstolen Offline

Threads: 0

Fantastic mod. I loved the music. The atmosphere was perfect and that custom monster was terrifying, sounds and all. Amazing work!

I did have a lock up on the elevator, but since you said it was an issue on here, I saved and reloaded before attempting. Afterwards, I didn't have any issues with it.
04-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

(04-18-2014, 01:33 AM)starstolen Wrote: Fantastic mod. I loved the music. The atmosphere was perfect and that custom monster was terrifying, sounds and all. Amazing work!

I did have a lock up on the elevator, but since you said it was an issue on here, I saved and reloaded before attempting. Afterwards, I didn't have any issues with it.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

I've seen a lot of people getting game freezes when the doors open or close, and I think that's because in their flight across the map, they're running into so many things that the physics can't keep up.

UGH I'm like red in the face over this issue. I think I might just have them fade in and out. As soon as I have a day off from work I'll try to patch these issues.

04-18-2014, 02:51 AM
Find
tezpull666 Away
Banned

Threads: 15

Where do i need to find the chemicals?
04-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

Damascus, maybe you should try to turn off collide non character for the doors just to see if that makes a difference. If you haven't tried that already. Could be the problem that the doors collide with the walls and starts flying off.

Derp.
04-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Okay, people keep telling me about a sofa that is clipping through the floor, but I've been scouring the map and can't find anything of the sort. Can someone help me with this?

04-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Find