Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for the journal font
SheyGrell Offline

Threads: 3
Looking for the journal font

Hello there.

Obviously, I'm new here & have read the rules as well as tried to look for the most appropriate place to make this thread. This seems to be the right place, but if it's not then I apologise for the mistake.
Anywho, onto why I'm here.
I'm putting together a YouTube project concerning A Machine for Pigs (Which at this time, I'd rather not go into specific detail about, though I can assure you I'm not here to waste anybodies time), and I have all the resources I need except for one; The font used in the text of all journal entries/notes/loading screens. I believe it's the same one used in the first game, but I'd rather discuss it here since AMFP is the title I'm working with.
I'm wondering if it's possible to get ahold of this font for use in subtitles & text boxes? If it's one that's on Microsoft, I haven't been able to find it.

As a last resort, I would have no choice but to try & replicate the font used for hints. Looking into it earlier, I saw someone give the reply on these forums that it was possibly Tahoma. If it's not possible to acquire the journal font, could someone please confirm the second choice?

I'm in no position to ask of anything having just stepped in a few minutes ago, but if someone could help me with this matter & soon if possible, then it would be much appreciated. As I said, I don't want to go into any details about it, but when this is all finished I would be glad (And dare I say nervous) to present the results.
Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to help.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 12:41 AM by SheyGrell.)
04-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Looking for the journal font

You can find any font files that Amnesia A Machine for Pigs used in Machine For Pigs/fonts/eng/ and then click game_journal.fnt.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Find
SheyGrell Offline

Had to use an online program for that, and even then the information it gives me looks like the right kind of font after searching, but still not quite the specific style of AMFP. Any other suggestions on using the fnt file?
04-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

The problem mate, is that it's not a font.
It's actually just a collection of letters in an image (open the .dds file using Paint.Net). The .fnt file is used to find co-ordinates of the letter and they are printed off in-game.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Find
SheyGrell Offline

Ah... Bugger.
Took a look inside the files with the software you suggested & it does indeed seem to be a pointless venture unfortunately. But at least I know that's the case.
Regardless, thank you very much for the help on this matter Smile
04-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Find