Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
goddammit folks
CielsTenebreuse Offline

Threads: 2
RE: goddammit folks

Thanks for your replies.

Romulator: tedium by itself is not bothersome. I used to work at a warehouse packing dry ice in boxes. Tedious, yes, but far from a difficult task. As long as I know exactly what I'm doing, I can put up with the tedium so long as I'm confident the end result will be worth it. Also, which thread would be more appropriate to express my concerns and difficulties?

Mudbill: I definitely am not expecting my monster model to look as good as any of the regular monster models (unless I am able to take a certain shortcut, more on that in a moment), but I definitely want it to look at least somewhat acceptable. I guess this will all depend on what design I end up going for, so I dunno. All I know is that I'm not going to bet on Amnesia custom stories still being relevant enough in 5 years to take that much time just to make one for the game. One thing I just thought of that might be possible I may do, if I'm seeing the videos on Blender correctly, is taking an existing character model and "morphing" its shape, like, elongating its face, hunching its back and so on (it is a partly human creature). Then maybe add on some extra things like different color spots or hair or something and there, a monster the cheating way! Tongue

But really, first I would need some direction as to HOW I'm going to do any of this. Blender tutorials for Amnesia, let alone ones that I can follow, are hard to come by. I'd need to know how to use it even to make a simple model first (and yes I do have some of those in mind too). I already know how to set up a full conversion mod, I've been fooling around with some things on there already, it's the reasons for making one in the first place I want to learn. So before departing this thread, any good places/links to recommend for some guidance or instruction?
02-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

It wasn't more expressing this kind of stuff in a particular thread, but it's just that this is an old one Smile That's all :3

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

According to this https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24335.html
this https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23378.html
and this https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-25158.html
the patch and HPL2 update is not released yet (sadly). But maybe there're some news when it would be released? I've looked carefully thru forum threads and found nothing particular. But (hopefully) I've missed something. Is any approx date of release announced?

Quote:what, are y'all gonna wait till SOMA to make anything again?
I think most of people are waiting (consciously and unconsciously) for that HPL2 update, not SOMA. Update Beta is very inspiring, indeed. And there is a great desire to feel all of its charms on the level of the final release, not beta.
Well, that's what I suppose, maybe I am wrong.
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Your second link has the beta version. On the official version, in the words of Traggey, quite simply:

No, it has not been released yet.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 11:45 AM by Romulator.)
05-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I think the HPL2 update is cancelled.

05-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

If it is, it is.
If it isn't, it isn't.

We just don't have clarification and/or confirmation of such a decision.

05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Find