Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice Reel: Amnesia - A Machine for Pigs
SheyGrell Offline

Threads: 3
Voice Reel: Amnesia - A Machine for Pigs

I'm not sure how this is going to go down, but it couldn't hurt to try.

I think if anything, I'll use this as a chance to make a small introduction; You can already see the name, but what you don't see is the things I do, one of them being voice acting. Or at least, I blurt weird voices into a microphone then show the internet the results.
... I can haz professionalism?

Anyway, as you'll see from the title of this thread, you'll have worked out by now what my latest project is Confused I doubt anyone here would be familiar with my previous work on YouTube, but just in case you would be then this must seem like quite the stretch...

Right now, there is a trailer for it available here:
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/h80bUY-2-NY[/video]

In all honesty, I know the equipment I have isn't exactly top of the line & I know I don't really sound like either of the characters, but this isn't some 5 minute job I've been working on with a headset & Windows Movie Maker. If anything, this could (and probably should) be considered a fandub. However, there's a considerable amount to this one, both length & detail. In other words, this is a completely straight faced attempt at trying to mimic some of the finest voice acting there is in a game to date in my opinion. Easily side by side with Bioshock.

I could go into a lot more detail about this, but for now I'll just stick with presenting this trailer & see how it fares with anyone that might be interested.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM by SheyGrell.)
04-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Voice Reel: Amnesia - A Machine for Pigs

What a great parody! :p

Smartassery aside, I am interested in seeing how fans interpret the rather hammy voice-acting of this game.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 05:06 AM by Alardem.)
04-28-2014, 05:03 AM
Find
BeartrixTheStrange Offline

Threads: 0

I'm... not sure if I'm getting this. You want people to voice act some of the lines from the game in their own way?

Sounds interesting, but I don't remember/know if there are any females in the game (lol, haven't quite finished it yet!).

If anyone is willing for my voice to be in a custom story, please private message me. I have been offline for too long and need to get back in this community!
04-28-2014, 06:35 AM
Website Find
SheyGrell Offline

(04-28-2014, 05:03 AM)Alardem Wrote: What a great parody! :p

Smartassery aside, I am interested in seeing how fans interpret the rather hammy voice-acting of this game.

Honestly, I'm not sure how people will take this. It could either be something to enjoy or you'll find it painful on the ears. Or just embarrassing Confused
Best provide some eggs if you wish to balance out that ham, I guess Tongue
04-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(04-28-2014, 06:35 AM)BeartrixTheStrange Wrote: I'm... not sure if I'm getting this. You want people to voice act some of the lines from the game in their own way?

Sounds interesting, but I don't remember/know if there are any females in the game (lol, haven't quite finished it yet!).

It's a "sausage fest". Well, there's the feminine humming you hear from time to time. And you could voice the boys. :p
04-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Find
SheyGrell Offline

(04-28-2014, 06:35 AM)BeartrixTheStrange Wrote: I'm... not sure if I'm getting this. You want people to voice act some of the lines from the game in their own way?

Well, seeing as I couldn't replicate the actual voices in terms of tone & other factors too, I decided to treat this more like a one man play. You'll see when everything's released.

As for something on your end (If you'd ever be looking to do this kind of thing yourself) if you want something substantial to go for, don't forget about Justine Cool
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Find
SheyGrell Offline

Here. 20 minutes of one man murdering a mic:
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/Bh3Z3wmyLx0[/video]

... Seriously, this voice reel almost killed my equipment completely. Despite probably having to get a new mic, and the fact it practically drove me insane with the issues it had, it was able to give me enough for A Machine for Pigs Smile
That'll do, mic. That'll do.

Anyway, if anyone watches this then I hope you enjoy. A lot of work & a lot of love went into this.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014, 01:39 PM by SheyGrell.)
04-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Moved to digital creations forum.
04-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Find
SheyGrell Offline

(04-30-2014, 08:48 PM)Traggey Wrote: Moved to digital creations forum.

Thank you & sorry I didn't do so in the first place. It's pretty blindingly obvious now this is where it should've gone, but while making this I was having a hard time classifying exactly what it would be outside of a voice reel.
04-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Find