Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Monster?
ProyectV Offline

Threads: 6
Friendly Monster?

Okay, is there anyway you can make a monster follow a player without him attacking or lowering player's sanity, and is there anyway you can make a monster attack another?
04-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Find
lothabread Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Friendly Monster?

err i know you can make a monster not attack the player, use the "disable triggers" box, the sanity, theres a script, its ummmmm "SetSanityDrainDisabled(bool abX);" for the rest ive no idea
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 02:22 AM by lothabread.)
04-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

You can't exactly make the monster follow you unless you set path nodes where the player walks, and you may need to do some intense scripting to figure out where the player is for the monster to follow. I think however the Kaernk (water monster) may work better for that. And as lothabread said, use the SetSanityDrainDisabled to stop the sanity from lowering. It may or may not stop the screen effects though.

As far as I know, you cannot make a monster attack another on command, as they are not built into the game to do that.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 10:00 AM by Romulator.)
04-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Find
ProyectV Offline

Threads: 6

(04-28-2014, 09:59 AM)Romulator Wrote: You can't exactly make the monster follow you unless you set path nodes where the player walks, and you may need to do some intense scripting to figure out where the player is for the monster to follow. I think however the Kaernk (water monster) may work better for that. And as lothabread said, use the SetSanityDrainDisabled to stop the sanity from lowering. It may or may not stop the screen effects though.

As far as I know, you cannot make a monster attack another on command, as they are not built into the game to do that.

But there's no way you can change their script so they can do that? I mean i have messed up with some of their values like health or speed movement, but i can't find the function that makes him attack the player... do you know where i can find that function? At the end, i just want him attacking one monster, the others encounters will be evaded... imagine him like a cpt. of an army taking you to a point trough enemy lines without being detected, that's what i want to do...

Maybe it will be a better idea to use an NPC and change their model...
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 08:21 PM by ProyectV.)
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You can set his attack range to 0 so he cannot attack you.
There's also a value that decides when he can start running, if you play with it you may get something.

To attack someone, you could put an invisible door where the target is,
the monster will find the door in his way and attack it. When the door is destroyed, kill the target by code.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 10:14 PM by Daemian.)
04-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Find
lothabread Offline

Threads: 11

oh and forgot to mention. err there really isnt any death animmation at all so he would just disappear
04-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

replace with ragdoll apply propforce,

04-29-2014, 01:02 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

For following you, you can set up script boxes that add and take away path nodes, so when your player collides with the script boxes one by one, the monster is forced to keep moving with your character. It's not too intense as far as scripting is concerned but it would take a bit of testing and playing around to get working correctly. :3

To make him not attack the player, just put

SetEnemyDisableTriggers(string& asName, bool abX);

into your script when your monster is spawned/activated. He won't attack or react to the player. He's perfectly safe. Big Grin But I think the music still plays, so you might have to make a copy of him and edit your copied monster with the modeleditor so you can remove his music.

EDIT: For attacking another monster... that's pretty tricky. There's not much you can do because the script for making the monster do a certain animation has never worked. However, if you play around a bit, maybe just have the friendly monster (which would be your edited monster) run really fast up to the enemy monster, and set up a script box, so that when your friendly monster gets to a certain point, the enemy monster is deactivated, and with clever useage of PropForce, you can activate a ragdoll of the enemy monster and it looks like friendly monster runs into/attacks the enemy monster and kills him. Tongue Just throwing out a suggestion. It sounds really extensive, but it would be pretty simple, like I said, you just have to do some playing around and testing to see what you like best.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 08:47 PM by MsHannerBananer.)
04-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

There is no "Attack-function".

It's an animation. Everything is an animation.

Attacking: Animation.
Idle: Animation.

And we're not made to be able to control the animations. We can only make it go where we want.

Trying is the first step to success.
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

You can make that player follow monster without attack and losing sanity so he can break doors for him with nodes or something like that i see that in one CS it would be good to give a try Smile

And i forgot you can add to monster wait some times until he reach another node like add some text with or without voice like monster stop and he says "Look at me now, i don't wan't EVER test potions" something like that make as you wan't Smile

Yeah one more Big Grin

If you wanna make monster protect you make the areas when other (enemy monster) come for you with script that he stop on node some time and Friendly monster say something like "No he is good!" something like it then he walk in other node with area when he gone it sounds stupid but maybe it can help! Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM by Straxedix.)
05-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Find