Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help Amnesia: Garden of Shadows
ProyectV Offline

Threads: 6
Amnesia: Garden of Shadows

Well, i open this tread because i have this idea, an idea of making a third part to the amnesia saga, it will require a lot of job but if everything goes as planed it will be one of the best amensia CS of history. The thing is... that for making such a big custom story i'm going to need help, i can't do this alone and i need people to help me make this out, i need help with the lever editor, with the script, it would be great if we made one or two custom monsters for the story, in other words i need personal. The story itself goes this way: Jonathan lived a happy life with his wife and his two childrens, he and his family moved onto his death brother hous looking for more space and a easy life, every single night his childrens go to play to the backyard and tell Jonathan histories about their adventures in this magical old castle. However one night the childrens don't come back from the backyard and our main character is forced to go to look for them, what hi discovers is that under his backyard there an ancient castle ruled by two gods of time, Chronos and Roleéx. Some how he becomes a very important part of one of the bigger threads that the human kind could know and the destiny of humanity falls on his hands...

I could tell you more but that will just ruin the surprise, anyway if you wish to join me in the make of this custom story just post it down and tell me what role you want to play, level editing, scripting, modeling new monster, textures, etc. Making music for the game or voice acting. I think that with a lot of help and patience we can all reach the goal and "Surprise" the world (and maybe, just maybe, Frictional Games) with this "little" proyect.

-Thanks for you attention...
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 06:20 PM by ProyectV.)
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Amnesia: Garden of Shadows

I will ask you this what EVERYONE here will ask you.
1 : Did you make a story before?
2 : What are YOU gonne do and what do OTHERS need to do?
3 : Where do you live, for personal contact
4 : Making monsters would be very difficult to ask here ( takes super much time and effort ( weeks fr 1 monster )
5 : Will it be for Amnesia OR with Machine for Pigs Patch \ Assets
6 : Making one of the best story's will take MINIMUM 1 year of work. is that okay to you?
7 : What is your time limit ( release date 2014 \ 2016? )
---
Making a mod with other people will NOT be an easy task.
I wish you all the luck ProyectV.
Hope this will be amazing!
05-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Find
ProyectV Offline

(05-03-2014, 07:28 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: I will ask you this what EVERYONE here will ask you.
1 : Did you make a story before?
2 : What are YOU gonne do and what do OTHERS need to do?
3 : Where do you live, for personal contact
4 : Making monsters would be very difficult to ask here ( takes super much time and effort ( weeks fr 1 monster )
5 : Will it be for Amnesia OR with Machine for Pigs Patch \ Assets
6 : Making one of the best story's will take MINIMUM 1 year of work. is that okay to you?
7 : What is your time limit ( release date 2014 \ 2016? )
---
Making a mod with other people will NOT be an easy task.
I wish you all the luck ProyectV.
Hope this will be amazing!

1= Yes a few one's my main weakness is the most advanced script but i learn fast and without help (in most of the cases).

2= I'm going to do all i can (Level and Script). I need help with the level editing (since it took it's time to make a detailed map) with the scripting(since i'm still learning how to make advanced things), the creation of assets: textures, models, etc. Because i don't know how to make custom entities(like objects, enemies, etc.), static objects(New walls, ceiling, floor, ect.) or particle system (i don't think that the last one it's going to be needed) and last, but not least the creation for musics and sound for the game: the sounds from the monsters and the voice of the characters and narration, and the music for the monsters (notice, attack, search, etc). Also some custom music for the differents ending scene or special moments of the game.

3= Venezuela.

4= i know it's hard and requires a lot of work, i don't know how to make textures or models but i could help with the script of the enemy itself...

5= Actually i was thinking on using all the textures from amnesia (TDD, Justine and AMFP).

6= The worst thing in the ENTIRE videogame production it's to make games the fastest they can (this has cost many action to videogame company's like the case of the E.T. Game from Atari). I have no problem in taking one year, two, or even three as long as the final product it's "perfect"

7=considering the many things that i though it would be cool including (It's probably that in the final product many of them will be eliminated) i guess that it could take from 2015-2017...

Thanks for the thumbs up and with enough luck i will be able to make this custom story, i have some things all ready done (like the custom menu or some of the puzzles) but i still need help, for example i'm still making the mansion level (the first one) and i haven't finished yet!!! Anyway, i'm getting out of the main theme...

I think that what i need is:

3-5= programmers

4-6= level designers (considering the work it will take make the details and all that stuff...)

¿?= Models and textures editors(i don't know how many are needed for making custom assets).

2-4=music and sounds

Right now we have:

ProyectV = Programmer/Level Editing (CEO)
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2014, 02:05 AM by ProyectV.)
05-04-2014, 02:58 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Scraping together 50 people from around the Internet willing to work on this for years for free sounds like an incredibly difficult task. Frictional themselves only consist of a few people.

I think that having any more than 6 voiced characters in a story like this can easily become confusing or too complex to the player. Look at Machine For Pigs for example; they only had like, what? 3 voiced charaters. Mandus, the Engineer and the professor. It's like a short story. Keep things simple and interesting. I also don't think you'd need more than 1 or 2 people to compose music.

As for level designers, 20 sounds like an awful lot. Around 5 is probably enough. Everyone have their own style and you don't want to conflict this and clash many different ones into the same project.

Programmers, well, they also work differently. They have their own workflow and if more than 1 person work on the same script, it's easy to become confused about what they're doing. 5 scripters is probably more than enough. 3 should work if this is such a big project that 1 isn't enough.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's difficult to find this many people who are willing to work on such a big project for a long time, who also need to have the free time to do so, be able to communicate well so misunderstandings and disagreements don't occurs, and lastly of course actually ARE compentent do fulfill their position.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but try to look at it realistically. Don't get more food than you can eat. I also suggest you perhaps show some of your work. In a huge project like this, trust is incredibly important and that doesn't just pop up on its own. Show what you can do and more people will trust that you know what you're doing. If they can trust that you will be able to control this and make it work, they might just join in to help you.

I wish you luck with this!

05-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Find
ProyectV Offline

(05-04-2014, 05:08 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Scraping together 50 people from around the Internet willing to work on this for years for free sounds like an incredibly difficult task. Frictional themselves only consist of a few people.

I think that having any more than 6 voiced characters in a story like this can easily become confusing or too complex to the player. Look at Machine For Pigs for example; they only had like, what? 3 voiced charaters. Mandus, the Engineer and the professor. It's like a short story. Keep things simple and interesting. I also don't think you'd need more than 1 or 2 people to compose music.

As for level designers, 20 sounds like an awful lot. Around 5 is probably enough. Everyone have their own style and you don't want to conflict this and clash many different ones into the same project.

Programmers, well, they also work differently. They have their own workflow and if more than 1 person work on the same script, it's easy to become confused about what they're doing. 5 scripters is probably more than enough. 3 should work if this is such a big project that 1 isn't enough.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's difficult to find this many people who are willing to work on such a big project for a long time, who also need to have the free time to do so, be able to communicate well so misunderstandings and disagreements don't occurs, and lastly of course actually ARE compentent do fulfill their position.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but try to look at it realistically. Don't get more food than you can eat. I also suggest you perhaps show some of your work. In a huge project like this, trust is incredibly important and that doesn't just pop up on its own. Show what you can do and more people will trust that you know what you're doing. If they can trust that you will be able to control this and make it work, they might just join in to help you.

I wish you luck with this!

Thanks with the thumbs up, i put an exagerated number of people... don't know what i was thinking... anyway i will finis the first map (The mansion) and then i will post it here...
05-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Eh ^^. Such a big project looks very exciting of course, and I am waiting for your screenshots to start having opinion about your ability to do it : ).

I think there might be a slight issue though, it is that the storyline hasn't got much to do with Amnesia. Gods of time are pretty far from the orbs of the Amnesia series, and they sound a bit off-topic to me.

Once again, I like big projects but there are too many mods being cancelled or that have been in development for an unrealistically long time : I am now a bit careful about getting excited for that one. I still wish you good luck and await your screenshots eagerly.

05-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Find
ProyectV Offline

(05-05-2014, 01:00 PM)daortir Wrote: Eh ^^. Such a big project looks very exciting of course, and I am waiting for your screenshots to start having opinion about your ability to do it : ).

I think there might be a slight issue though, it is that the storyline hasn't got much to do with Amnesia. Gods of time are pretty far from the orbs of the Amnesia series, and they sound a bit off-topic to me.

Once again, I like big projects but there are too many mods being cancelled or that have been in development for an unrealistically long time : I am now a bit careful about getting excited for that one. I still wish you good luck and await your screenshots eagerly.

Jum, the orbs come from another dimension, ¿no? I was thinking that maybe the orbs represented the god's life itself (like an horcruxes from harry potter), like those gods where from that other dimension and punished everyone who tried to use their life source... anyway, if that's not the case we can always take the easy way out.... ALTERNATE LINE TIME!!!!
05-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Find