Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Have Monster Patrol Without Attacking
TurdFerguson Offline

Threads: 3
Have Monster Patrol Without Attacking

Hello everyone. I have a scenario planned out where a monster walks by a set of windows and casts a shadow. However, the monster will of course follow its set AI and see the player through the windows and attack rather than follow its patrol nodes. Is there a script I can use to disable the monster from attacking a merely have walk around outside?

Thanks!
05-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Have Monster Patrol Without Attacking

This is super easy! Big Grin

PHP Code: (Select All)
SetEnemyDisableTriggers(stringasNamebool abX); 

It's as easy as that! LOL

Okay, so when you activate the monster, put that little baby into the function: string& asName is the name of your monster (with quotes) and bool abX would be true (no quotes).

This particular line disables the enemy triggers, which, as you may have guessed, disables the monsters reactions to the players. That means, should your player walk close enough to it, make a noise or technically "be seen" by the monster, he won't do a single thing. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 07:41 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
05-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

OR as an alternative to scripting it, feel free to just tick the "Disable Triggers" by selecting the enemy in the Level Editor, going to the entity tab on the right side and... Well, ticking the box!

Just an alternative, both methods will produce the same results Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Find
TurdFerguson Offline

Threads: 3

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!
05-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(05-10-2014, 09:50 AM)Romulator Wrote: OR as an alternative to scripting it, feel free to just tick the "Disable Triggers" by selecting the enemy in the Level Editor, going to the entity tab on the right side and... Well, ticking the box!

I never even thought of that. Oooooobviously I haven't been using enough monsters in the level editor. LOL

05-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(05-10-2014, 07:47 PM)HannahDJA Wrote:
(05-10-2014, 09:50 AM)Romulator Wrote: OR as an alternative to scripting it, feel free to just tick the "Disable Triggers" by selecting the enemy in the Level Editor, going to the entity tab on the right side and... Well, ticking the box!

I never even thought of that. Oooooobviously I haven't been using enough monsters in the level editor. LOL

That can both be a upside and a downside...

Upside:
I find that monsters have been overused in CSs. Monsters isn't just a thing to boost the scary factor of a story. They need the right placement in the development of scariness...

Downside:
Then you haven't played enough with monsters to understand what kind of a role they play Wink

Trying is the first step to success.
05-11-2014, 12:50 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(05-10-2014, 07:47 PM)HannahDJA Wrote:

Don't worry about it Smile I discover a lot of things by accident haha

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-11-2014, 01:31 AM
Find