Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What scares you?
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: What scares you?

(07-04-2014, 01:42 AM)GrAVit Wrote: There might be an easier way to do all this, but I couldn't find any other way to directly place these things from the level editor than creating a new folder with your content inside Amnesia's own entities folder. It doesn't allow you to pick files from other folders as far as I know.

Well, yeah I personally do use a "custom" folder inside the entities folder. The editors are hardcoded to use specific folders, so you're right about that aspect.

One thing is that, unless you're editing the model for the grunt, you don't need to copy the entire folder, just the .ent file. The game will find the associated models and such from the original location. This could save you a few MB in file size.

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2014, 03:30 AM by Mudbill.)
07-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: What scares you?

(07-04-2014, 03:29 AM)Mudbill Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 01:42 AM)GrAVit Wrote: There might be an easier way to do all this, but I couldn't find any other way to directly place these things from the level editor than creating a new folder with your content inside Amnesia's own entities folder. It doesn't allow you to pick files from other folders as far as I know.
One thing is that, unless you're editing the model for the grunt, you don't need to copy the entire folder, just the .ent file. The game will find the associated models and such from the original location. This could save you a few MB in file size.

Ah, that's mighty helpful then. Good to know, I'll be sure to take advantage of that when I continue my custom story. This way I won't have to add all those unnecessary files which increase the file size.

07-04-2014, 03:35 AM
Find