Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. - Black Screen, Audio Playing, Menu ETC is Visible.
NicoleOH Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 9 Years, 10 Months ago Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. - Black Screen, Audio Playing, Menu ETC is Visible.

I need some help. Last year I got Amnesia: The Dark Descent and this year Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. I installed the games, and when I opened them, all I could see is the menu, but nothing in the background and audio is heard. I started a new game but the screen was also black, but I could see the subtitles and the audio was heard. I can't remember what I did after that, but both of the games worked after I did something. A few weeks later something went wrong on my laptop and I had to reset my laptop, I lost everything on it, including my games. I installed the games again after that, and now I have the same problem with the black screen, can hear audio and see subtitles, menu, journal etc. I have an Acer Aspire with an Intel® HD Graphics processor. PLEASE HELP.
05-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 9 Years, 10 Months ago RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. - Black Screen, Audio Playing, Menu ETC is Visible.

Firstly, welcome to the forums! You have posted this query in the wrong section, but a mod should fix that for you Smile

Amnesia from what I know is not fully compatiable with Intel HD, but it depends on what version of OpenGL your game can support. I'll redirect you to this thread, which is primarily for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but the steps are incredibly similar to the Machine For Pigs Methods. Follow the instructions there and take a look at that.

If you have further problems, feel free to reply here. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 12:20 PM by Romulator.)
05-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Solved: 9 Years, 10 Months ago RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. - Black Screen, Audio Playing, Menu ETC is Visible.

First of all, welcome to the forums! This is the wrong section but someone should fix that up for you.
If you can, please give us your HPL.log. They should be in My Documents/Amnesia/Pig/ if you're in Windows. Just copy paste the contents here.

If you can't open the file, just open it with Notepad.
Also, as Romulator said, Intel isn't really friendly with Amnesia.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Find