Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Machine Room
johnsonsinutah Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Machine Room

I'm having a lot of graphical problems with the game, eg. floors and walls appear transparent, doors don't appear visually, but the icon appears when you approach them. But, I've tried to make my way along anyway, now I'm stuck in the Machine Room. I've broken open the door, accessed the computer, and shut down the manual valve. Based on a couple of walkthroughs, shutting the valve down is supposed to open the door at the rear of the room with the palm scanner, however, every time I try to open the door I get the message "door not operating properly". I can't get the hand to go into the library until I can open the door, what am I doing wrong?

I'm running the game on a machine with Vista.

Thanks
01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Find
johnsonsinutah Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Machine Room

As followup to my previous post, I was finally able to get past the door with the palm scanner. I had to use an iron bar and slide the door open with that...really strange it seemed like some sort of a glitch, but it worked, I killed the worm, and captured the hand. I could then use the hand on the palm scanner to get back out of the room, and off to library.
01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Machine Room

When it comes to the glitches. Make sure to download and install the latest drivers for the graphics card. That will most likely fix it.

Also try installing patch:
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/70/
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Find