Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

RenderTest.exe doesn't launch
mentor Offline

Threads: 1
RenderTest.exe doesn't launch

Hi,

I downloaded HPL Engine and OALWrapper, I compiled libraries and all. And now I'm trying to make some of test projects working. First, I opened RenderTest solution. I managed to compile it. I added all required dlls to the folder containing .exe and then tried to run program. And... It doesn't launch, unfortunately. I can see on task manager that program actually runs for a moment or two, but after few seconds disappears! No window is shown, just nothing. What's wrong?

My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I'm working on Visual Studio Express 2010. I compiled libraries for Release mode and also compiled RenderTest project for Release mode.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2014, 05:14 PM by mentor.)
03-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Find
mentor Offline

Threads: 1
RE: RenderTest.exe doesn't launch

Hm, today, when I tried to run RenderTest.exe some error message occured. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down, so I can't tell you the full content of that message, but it was a memory error. Something like "0x004799483c relate to location written in 0x0000000" or similar... This error message occured only once when I tried to run program and for now it didn't show up again. The program still won't launch tough...

EDIT:
It seems that the problem is with this line:

string home = string(getenv("HOME"));

It's in OAL_LoggerObject.cpp. An unhandled exception error.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2014, 05:23 PM by mentor.)
03-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Find