Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia won't start new game and full screen doesn't work at all
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Okay so I bought the game and installed it. When I try to open it with full screen the screen get dark and nothing happens. When I start it in windowed mode the game starts and I can create a profile but when I press "start new game" the loading screen won't disappear and the game freezes. I've tried starting it as admin, I've installed 2 different drives and re-installed it twice but nothing works.
My computer specs are:
Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 12GB
Graficard: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M
Windows 8 64-bit

It worked on my other computer but only in windowed mode. I want to play it on this one with full screen! (kind of a newbie with advanced stuff and English isn't my first language so be patient with me)

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.38 KB / Downloads: 144)
05-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia won't start new game and full screen doesn't work at all
Okay so I bought the game and installed it. When I try to open it with full screen the screen get dark and nothing happens. When I start it in windowed mode the game starts and I can create a profile but when I press "start new game" the loading screen won't disappear and the game freezes. I've tried starting it as admin, I've installed 2 different drives and re-installed it twice but nothing works.
My computer specs are:
Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 12GB
Graficard: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M
Windows 8 64-bit

It worked on my other computer but only in windowed mode. I want to play it on this one with full screen! (kind of a newbie with advanced stuff and English isn't my first language so be patient with me)

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.38 KB / Downloads: 138)
05-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia won't start new game and full screen doesn't work at all
Fixed it!
Read the troubleshooting guide and the problem was that I had my computer settings on 150% DPI, changed it to 100% and now the game works like a charm on full screen!
Too bad I'll have to change it everytime I play 'couse at 100% everything gets so tiny.
05-18-2014, 12:32 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
What DPI have you set Windows at? Try 100% which is the default/normal.
05-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia won't start new game and full screen doesn't work at all
Apparently you fixed it at the second thread you opened. Merged them.
05-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.