Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashlight on/off making rushing noise.
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
Flashlight on/off making rushing noise.

Well, I added the flashlight and all the jazz to my mod and the audio samples for the lantern on/off sound just fine out of game but when I activate them in-game, they produce a rush like noise on top of the audio sample. I have never had this problem before when I had tinkered with it and not sure how else to explain it. It also seems to happen in White Night, or from what I heard in the flashlight demonstration video.

I've checked the game.cfg and everything looks fine as well as the .snt files for the ui. Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is the section for the lantern in the game.cfg

<Player_Lantern

Color="0.88 0.82 0.40 0.8"
Radius = "0.0001"
Gobo = ""
LocalOffset = "0.3 -0.3 -0.1"
TurnOnSound = "ui_lantern_on"
TurnOffSound = "ui_lantern_off"
OutOfOilSound = "ui_lantern_off"
DisabledSound = ""
CastShadows = "true"
LowerOilSpeed = "0.23"
FadeLightOilAmount = "10"

/>

and the .snt files

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ui_lantern_on" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="0.8" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ui_lantern_off" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 06:08 AM by GoreGrinder99.)
05-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Flashlight on/off making rushing noise.

Here is it from my FC mod Premonition... let's see.
-
<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ui_flashlight_on" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="0.8" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

---
<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ui_flashlight_off" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

---
I guess the sound you downloaded \ created is broken.
For me the flashlight sound is perfect.
IF you want i can send you the Original files here from the WN flashlight.
My guess is try anoter sound and check if that is also acting strange.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 10:17 AM by DnALANGE.)
05-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
RE: Flashlight on/off making rushing noise.

(05-21-2014, 10:14 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: Here is it from my FC mod Premonition... let's see.
-
<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ui_flashlight_on" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
</SOUNDENTITY>

---
<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ui_flashlight_off" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
</SOUNDENTITY>

---
I guess the sound you downloaded \ created is broken.
For me the flashlight sound is perfect.
IF you want i can send you the Original files here from the WN flashlight.
My guess is try anoter sound and check if that is also acting strange.

I have the exact sounds that White Night uses. I even renamed everything from _lantern_ to _flashlight_ that is involved with the entity but still the same things. But like I did notice, I'm getting the exact same sound as the Flashlight & Batteries Demonstration video - http://www.moddb.com/mods/white-night/vi...onstration - but in the final release they seemed to have fixed it somehow which is what I can't figure out.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 05:33 PM by GoreGrinder99.)
05-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Find