Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes few seconds into new game.
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game crashes few seconds into new game.
On one hand, I'm happy to get it to play, but on the other I also don't understand why my laptop is having such an issue running it. I own TDD on steam and it runs at full settings without an issue and yet it has trouble running AMFP at anything beyond low and windowed. I'd be willing to try any other ideas. If you need anything beyond the save files, or hpl file let me know.
06-24-2014, 05:26 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game crashes few seconds into new game.
Fow the Windowed issue:

1) Make sure you are running on 32-bit color mode (I know silly but it has happened before with someone who had it accidentally at 16-bit and caused the same issue).

2) Make sure your DPI is set to 100% (default).

I tested the game on my laptop and it wasn't crashing but it was suffering from the infamous stuttering issues as well as vSync not working at all with the 540M. Anyway, try the above (especially the DPI settings) and let me know if you can run it in fullscreen mode.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 06:39 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Find
Unregistered

Those settings were unchanged, but I think I've isolated it to the intro scene. Earlier when I ran it windowed I was able to finish the machine activation segment and wake up in some cage. I saved there and turned all the settings to high. When I play from that save with all my settings maxed out it runs perfectly (so far), save for clipping due to lack of v-sync. When I start a new game it still freezes at the machine segment. I'm going to play further to see if it freezes elsewhere, but so far it only seems to freeze at the intro machine scene.

Never mind, that was short lived. I threw a chair over the balcony, explored a few bedrooms and it froze again.
06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Truth is that the Pigs are not really optimized properly as it seems. The Dark Descent was a lot easier to diagnose.

I suggest you play the game in Windowed mode at 1366x768 (almost fullscreen) first and then maybe look into the issue if you want. For the time, enjoy the game fully that way.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 10:05 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Find
Unregistered

Alright, well it seems to run fine on windowed mode at the moment. Thank you for your help.
06-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.