Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem while opening Amnesia
I dont know this name
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Problem while opening Amnesia
I have a mac and i try to open Amnesia but when i open it it says: Could not load main config file: config/ default_main_settings.cfg
06-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Problem while opening Amnesia
Are you on 10.9 Mavericks? If so, check out this thread. It's a common issue, because the game isn't fully supported yet.

06-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Find
I dont know this name
Unregistered

Um it was confusing i am not good with all the drag files and the termidal window i think its called. I think i did it right but it still says the same thing and wont open.
06-19-2014, 02:56 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Are you using the Steam version or retail?

06-19-2014, 03:01 AM
Find
i dont know this name
Unregistered

Um as you know i have a mac so i got it of the mac app store
06-20-2014, 12:53 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Steam is available for Mac, yanno.

The guide should tell you exactly what to do. Even for someone inexperienced with Terminal, it should be fairly straight forward. Give it a shot.

06-20-2014, 01:41 AM
Find
Soul Mass Transit System
Unregistered

I've done the steps mentioned in the thread suggested by Mudbill. It doesn't work for me either. As somebody heavily experienced in Terminal, I'm flabbergasted as to why it's not working.

Poking around in other forums here as well and I'm finding that Mudbill is suggesting the thread to other users having the same problem and the results seem to be the same. It's working for some users, and it's not working for others.

I'll keep looking around and trying this and that. If anything works, I'll share it here.
06-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I think an important factor can be where the game was bought from. If it was from Steam, I doubt this method would work since you're not allowed to run the game outside Steam. I think the poster of the tutorial was using the Mac App Store version, or perhaps the retail one.

As he stated, it's by no means a permanent fix. Unfortunately, this issue hasn't been fixed yet officially, so I guess people are lucky to get the game running at all.

And just for reference, I installed Mavericks at one point and the game was working fine for me. I was using the Steam version. I didn't try it for a longer period though, since I shortly reverted back to Mountain Lion, so I can't say for sure if the Steam version at some point stopped working.

06-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.