Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam Sale is coming
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Steam Sale is coming

Does anyone know anything about this website?

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/

I asked about it on the Steam forum a couple of years ago and my post was censored, the reason being that the site is in some way illegal (no specifics were given). The prices are often half of what they are on the Steam store (Sniper Elite III is about £32 on Steam, but on this site it's £15) so I'm inclined to believe they're probably doing something underhanded, but I'd like to know for sure before I splurge more cash than I need to on the Steam sales.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 02:11 PM by Paddy™.)
06-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(06-24-2014, 02:10 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: Does anyone know anything about this website?

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/

I asked about it on the Steam forum a couple of years ago and my post was censored, the reason being that the site is in some way illegal (no specifics were given). The prices are often half of what they are on the Steam store (Sniper Elite III is about £32 on Steam, but on this site it's £15) so I'm inclined to believe they're probably doing something underhanded, but I'd like to know for sure before I splurge more cash than I need to on the Steam sales.

The likely case with these sort of 3rd party Steam service websites I found out is that they usually buy an enormous bulk of games when they have hit their lowest point in sales, and continue to sell it at that price even after the official sale on Steam has ended in order to attract customers.

(I know this because this is the only way I can get Steam games since these parties accept payments in cash, and will usually sell at a price from when the game was cheapest)

As for new games like Sniper III being like that...maybe they just took profits from other games, and applied it to Sniper III's price so they could sell it for less while their organization still turns a profit in the big picture?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014, 02:17 PM by Kreekakon.)
06-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(06-24-2014, 02:16 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: The likely case with these sort of 3rd party Steam service websites I found out is that they usually buy an enormous bulk of games when they have hit their lowest point in sales, and continue to sell it at that price even after the official sale on Steam has ended in order to attract customers.

(I know this because this is the only way I can get Steam games since these parties accept payments in cash, and will usually sell at a price from when the game was cheapest)

As for new games like Sniper III being like that...maybe they just took profits from other games, and applied it to Sniper III's price so they could sell it for less while their organization still turns a profit in the big picture?

You've convinced me Cool gonna buy myself some cheap-assed games!

06-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Find