Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Turn the bust! [solved]
ethics Offline

Threads: 18
Turn the bust! [solved]

So.
My idea was to create a puzzle (how convenient).
I wanted a bust to turn forward if you interact with a script area in front of it, or turn backwards if the script area behind it is touched.
Look at the screenshot and I think you'll be able to tell how I wanted to do it.
But heres my problem:
Although I have the other busts on "inactive", they still appear.
But they're entities, right?
I have no idea whatsoever.
Can you help me on how to fix this?

Attached Files
.jpg   2014-06-28_00001.jpg (Size: 87.54 KB / Downloads: 95)
.jpg   problem1.JPG (Size: 66.49 KB / Downloads: 102)

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 08:59 AM by ethics.)
06-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Turn the bust!

bust.ent is a StaticProp - so it won't switch on and off when activated/de-activated.

What you would need to do is make a copy of bust.ent in your CS and using ModelEditor.exe, go into the "user defined variables" in the "Settings" menu. In there, change "StaticProp" to "Object" but leave "SubType" as "Static", then save it. Voila, your bust is now switchable.

But... since you've now made a new entity, you could also experiment with adding a hinge joint and actually making it swivel with forces. Could work...

06-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Find
ethics Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Turn the bust!

(06-28-2014, 08:51 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: bust.ent is a StaticProp - so it won't switch on and off when activated/de-activated.

What you would need to do is make a copy of bust.ent in your CS and using ModelEditor.exe, go into the "user defined variables" in the "Settings" menu. In there, change "StaticProp" to "Object" but leave "SubType" as "Static", then save it. Voila, your bust is now switchable.

But... since you've now made a new entity, you could also experiment with adding a hinge joint and actually making it swivel with forces. Could work...

First, thank you very much for your idea.
I will figure out how to do this with the model editor, but I can't add a joint because I don't know anything about modeling.

06-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Turn the bust! [solved]

Do what a lot of us did.
Check out the Original files as doors\lamps\closets those have hinges and joints.
Learn by trying and making some mistakes.
Plus we are here to help you if something goes wroooong Wink
06-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Find