Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facepalming thread by me.
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Facepalming thread by me.

Edit again: Yeah just ignore this thread. I did so many mistakes it's not even funny.

Spoiler below!

Okay so I'm just trying to launch Amnesia through a shortcut (on Mac) with an additional argument. It would be identical to the launch options in the client, except you wouldn't need to edit that every time you want to run a different config file.

I've been around Google the past hour or so looking for just a simple answer on "How do I use forward slashes in an argument?"

I'm unsure if this same issue exists on Windows, but I know the same Steam URL is identical on there. The shortcut looks like this and is basically ran through the console:

#!/bin/bash

open steam://run/57300//"mods/example/config/main_init.cfg"

Running this shortcut opens Amnesia and asks me if I want to run it with the additional argument "mods". It ignores everything past the slash. If I put back slashes instead of forward ones ( \ instead of / ), it reads it fine, but it won't add the argument because it's invalid. It requires forward slashes.

I'm just looking for something that will allow Steam to read the forward slash from here. On Windows, I think you can run (in cmd.exe) a similar approach of:

run steam://run/57300//whatever argument

But the difference is that Windows uses back slashes to reference folders, whereas Unix uses forward slashes.

Sooooo... anyone know how to bypass this? I guess it's more of a Unix question than Amnesia development, but I'd need it if I am to make this Mod Loader app work for Steam copies Tongue

Um, okay, well this is awkward.

I figured I might as well ask this in case anyone has an answer while I look for one myself.
Then 2 minutes after posting it I figured it out.

The solution is rather strange.

Apparently you need 3 forward slashes after the game ID, with no quotes around the path, like this:

open steam://run/57300///mods/example/config/main_init.cfg

The odd thing is it could read the first folder fine, but not the rest, and now having another slash before that folder, it can read the rest as well.

Dammit, I goofed again. I should be a bit more careful with what I do. It didn't actually work, I just forgot I added it to the launch options in the client, so it used those instead... (facepalm)

I FOUND IT GUYS!
It was a parsing problem. I found out that I needed to write %2F instead of / to bypass it and have it actually read it as a /. So yeah Angel

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 01:25 AM by Mudbill.)
07-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Find