Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Updated]Invisible AMFP meshes? (And Other Questions)
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Invisible AMFP meshes?

(07-22-2014, 11:00 AM)Mudbill Wrote: It might be quicker to look at the .mat files instead of the .dae files since they contain less. The .ent file tells which model file to use (dae), the .mat file says which texture file to use (dds), the .dae file tells which texture is used too, but I don't think it's used, because it uses the original texture file, whereas Amnesia filters those textures through material files. I'm assuming the .msh file tells the game which mat file to use for each model.
In my opinion, a .msh is a shorter/optimized version of a .dae that some (if not all) Amnesia tools generate for themselves.
So sometimes you have to delete these to force the tools to load the .dae again and generate an updated .msh with correct coordinates for the model.
This happens with AMFP models when you don't delete the .msh, the model gets a weird angle/shape.

Look again inside the .dae between the tags <library_images> <library_images> the .mat for each texture must be there. Forget about the path and extension.

For Amnesia, this:
<init_from>file:///E:/lux/redist/static_objects/debris/rock/stones_small_med_large_brown.dds</init_from>

Equals this:
stones_small_med_large_brown.mat
image_name + .mat

Look again, maybe you missed it.

07-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

(07-22-2014, 07:49 PM)Amn Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 11:00 AM)Mudbill Wrote: It might be quicker to look at the .mat files instead of the .dae files since they contain less. The .ent file tells which model file to use (dae), the .mat file says which texture file to use (dds), the .dae file tells which texture is used too, but I don't think it's used, because it uses the original texture file, whereas Amnesia filters those textures through material files. I'm assuming the .msh file tells the game which mat file to use for each model.
In my opinion, a .msh is a shorter/optimized version of a .dae that some (if not all) Amnesia tools generate for themselves.
So sometimes you have to delete these to force the tools to load the .dae again and generate an updated .msh with correct coordinates for the model.
This happens with AMFP models when you don't delete the .msh, the model gets a weird angle/shape.

Look again inside the .dae between the tags <library_images> <library_images> the .mat for each texture must be there. Forget about the path and extension.

For Amnesia, this:
<init_from>file:///E:/lux/redist/static_objects/debris/rock/stones_small_med_large_brown.dds</init_from>

Equals this:
stones_small_med_large_brown.mat
image_name + .mat

Look again, maybe you missed it.

Yeah, my problem was that I was only looking at the .ent, and that the mat files for some objects are in completely different locations from their dae and ent files. (example the DAE and ENT for the grinder blades are in the same location, but the mat is in a folder for walls of all things) So checking the DAE seems to be the way to go. I'm glad I got this worked out.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I wasn't implying the .msh was only containing the mat file, but among it. I know it is used to calculate the shape and such of the .dae model itself. If you try to open it with a text editor, it's just gibberish, as if it's an actual image. Pretty sure I've experienced the .dae model using a .mat file with a different name than what the image said within the .dae.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 09:34 PM by Mudbill.)
07-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(07-22-2014, 09:34 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I wasn't implying the .msh was only containing the mat file, but among it. I know it is used to calculate the shape and such of the .dae model itself. If you try to open it with a text editor, it's just gibberish, as if it's an actual image. Pretty sure I've experienced the .dae model using a .mat file with a different name than what the image said within the .dae.

It's all good. What I can do is once I find the mat file needed I can add that to my TDD install directory, and if there are still issues then I know some files are still missing.

I suppose I could always just tell people they need AMFP to play this but unless I end up using a ton of assets I don't think that's necessary.

07-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

In case any of you don't like looking inside .dae you can use this small app (win only)

Screenshot
Spoiler below!
[Image: 46n63vf5w.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 12:32 AM by Daemian.)
07-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

so does this app makes anything from a game into amnesia?

07-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

^ It looks like it lists textures used within a .dae file.

07-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Find

and u just drag and drop the file from tat the list and u just put tat penumbra monster into amnesia

07-23-2014, 01:31 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

RE: Invisible AMFP meshes? (And Other Questions)

OK so last time I made a custom story I had a running thread that I used for asking for help. I felt it would be better than making a new thread each time I had a problem and I want to do the same thing now. So this is officially my thread for screaming HALP. I have a few issues:

1) Any tips on multi-story houses? I never made them in my first CS but now I'm trying to and finding that working on the first floor (Or ground floor if you're british) gets a bit hard once I've started working on the upper floors.

2) Edit: I was able to fix number 2. Seems my character was colliding with the mesh of the object rather than its body. I didn't think that was possible, but once I edited the body in the model editor to be much larger than the mesh my script suddenly started working.

EDIT:
3) Is there a way to create an entity at another entity? I know you can create one at an area, but I want to have the player pick something up, then while they're carrying it, it breaks and some rats fall out of it and scurry off. Is this possible?

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 09:53 PM by DeAngelo.)
07-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Find

RE: Invisible AMFP meshes? (And Other Questions)

like a hotel?

07-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Find