Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-24-2013, 11:40 PM)Ossie Wrote: I watched about 10 seconds of it, and that's it. No more until I can download my copy from the Humble Store. To be honest I'm a bit concerned that gameplay footage is coming out already - it would be okay if it was official footage from Frictional but random footage from an LP'er? Hmmm. I'm a bit on the fence on that.

Not a huge fan of Pewdiepie but sometimes, just sometimes, he plays a game and actually respects it as he's playing - his 'The Last Of Us' LP was surprisingly good (he played pretty well too), AND he's a fan of the excellent indie game 'Thomas Was Alone' and 'To The Moon'. So he's not all bad.

As most of FG fans will tell you, we do not hate Pdp (although some do, and others REALLY do) but his fanbase, or at least a great majority of it. I'm not proud neither ashamed of saying this, but i do have him on my subscription box, but i rarelly watch his videos anymore, only some. Personally I love markiplier, I don't really care about PDP anymore, PDP is suposed to be funny. Markiplier is a mixture of horror and fun at the same time, the perfect combination (all this is just my personal opinion, no hate pls)

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
08-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Website Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

Okay a visit to the other thread brought me up to speed.
Well FG screwed up due to no NDA being in place still 2 weeks from release.
Actually I'm enrolled with several companies (Taiwanese chip companies) and actually with every non released chip I hold the datasheets and reference board design from I stand under mutual NDA.

This is going to spoil the game for those who watched, not that it matters as those people we're to down to play for themselves anyways and rather watch a screaming idiot.

Quote:But he falls on his own sword, his kind is not meant to come for people like me
~Justine Florbelle
08-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

As I understand, he says somewhere in the video "Alright, that's what I'm allowed to show you" (according to this post), so there may be an NDA involved. Or some informal agreement between FG and the reviewers.
08-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

good to see that the youtube audience is generally positive about this though.
Spoiler below!
And I find the chatter about the painting very amusing ^^

/////////////////////////////////////
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 12:11 AM by DavidS.)
08-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Website Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

(08-25-2013, 12:10 AM)DavidS Wrote: good to see that the youtube audience is generally positive about this though.
Spoiler below!
Yeah they aren't that bright.
Why ruin one if not the best game this year by spoiling everything instead of playing yourself.
08-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

(08-25-2013, 12:14 AM)maarten12100 Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 12:10 AM)DavidS Wrote: good to see that the youtube audience is generally positive about this though.
Spoiler below!
Yeah they aren't that bright.
Why ruin one if not the best game this year by spoiling everything instead of playing yourself.

I don`t judge their decision (the youtubers and people who willingly spoil themselves), they are not me. Marketing wise it was a good idea, albeit a bit risky. Then again, making indy games is always risky from begin with... I think both FG and PDP are profiting from this in the long run.

/////////////////////////////////////
08-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

Perhaps this is our punishment for all that blabbering and complaining in the AAMFP discussion thread
08-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: AAMFP Gameplay Real or fake?

So it appears PewDiePie was not the only receiver, but simply fast out with the video
08-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Find
Lleviathyn Offline

Threads: 3

I wonder if we'll be seeing any early videos from people like Markiplier.
08-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-25-2013, 01:25 AM)Lleviathan Wrote: I wonder if we'll be seeing any early videos from people like Markiplier.

I think we will. But I will stop now watching any more spoilers. The PDP video was enough, now I will be patient. Wink
08-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Find