Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Conversion Mod - AAMFP Assets problem
Plazmater Offline

Threads: 24
Full Conversion Mod - AAMFP Assets problem

So i want to ask how should i make AAMFP assets work for Full Conversion.

Because i have newest patch (i think its not official one) and i have imported AAMFP static_objects and entities into ATDD and FC mod folder where maps and etc.. is located and they work fine every each of them in patched level editor but there is a problem.

I made a test by placing 1 object from static_objects and and 1 from entities into test map but they appear in FC mod only if those assets are in ATDD folder so idk if those assets are neccesary to be in FC mod folder which i think it should be also there like any custom asset , thats what FC mod is for.

But what i can tell from that is that if anyone would play my FC mod , these assets wouldn´t show until that player would also have imported assets into his ATTD redist folder.

So how should i make it work ? because i as creator need AAMFP assets in ATTD folder in order to see them in patched level editor but i dont think players need them there as well.

For players there should be enough to have AAMFP assets in FC mod folder already to see them in game but it doesnt seem to work.

Point of FC mod is to have those assets only in FC mod folder and not also in ATTD redist folder in order to play and see them in map.

Sorry for big text but i am on edge of my nerves :/.
07-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Full Conversion Mod - AAMFP Assets problem

Put the assets you are going to use for your FC in its folders (entities, static objects and textures). So not TDD's folders but your FC's.
07-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Find
Plazmater Offline

(07-22-2014, 02:18 PM)Artsyracoon Wrote: Put the assets you are going to use for your FC in its folders (entities, static objects and textures). So not TDD's folders but your FC's.

What do you mean ?
If you mean that assets should be organized in its folders just like orginal game then its already like that.
I am actually paying strong attention to that.
I am not copying assets to FC just like that... I am doing it exact same way as original game does, so entities assets in "entities" folder and etc.
07-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

(07-22-2014, 02:58 PM)Plazmater Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 02:18 PM)Artsyracoon Wrote: Put the assets you are going to use for your FC in its folders (entities, static objects and textures). So not TDD's folders but your FC's.

What do you mean ?
If you mean that assets should be organized in its folders just like orginal game then its already like that.
I am not copying assets to FC just like that... I am doing it exact same way as original game does, so entities assets in "entities" folder and etc.

Wait, is it an Isolated Full Conversion or not? Because that's gonna affect how this all goes down.
07-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Find
Plazmater Offline

(07-22-2014, 03:33 PM)Artsyracoon Wrote:

What do you mean ?

Wait, is it an Isolated Full Conversion or not? Because that's gonna affect how this all goes down.

What do you mean ?

This is first time i am making FC
07-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

(07-22-2014, 03:35 PM)Plazmater Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 03:33 PM)Artsyracoon Wrote:

What do you mean ?

What do you mean ?

This is first time i am making FC

Well then listen carefully. Instead of doing it the classic way in which people may need to overwrite their TDD files with the ones from your mod, make it an Isolated Full Conversion Mod. Basically you create a new folder under redist and name it as your mod's name. In it you need to put the basic folders such as config, entities, static objects, textures, sounds, music etc.

Now, since I can't explain everything to you right here, there is a post that explains how to do it step by step. And there is also a download including everything you need but instead of you doing it.

Read this: How to create a fully isolated full conversion mod
07-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Find
Plazmater Offline

Ok, seems i finally understand.

I am so stupid, because i totally forgot to edit resources.cfg and edit directory paths.

Problem i had was because of for example:

<Directory Path="/static_objects" AddSubDirs="true" />

Which is same as original game resource.cfg

I have to add name of my FC like:

<Directory Path="/MyFC/static_objects" AddSubDirs="true" />

So thanks for help.
07-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

You're welcome. :3