Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ALND The Last Sip [Teaser Trailer]
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
ALND The Last Sip [Teaser Trailer]

Hey guys, I wanted to make a thread to keep people up to date on my new custom story. I thought it would take me a while to do it because I hadn't coded in over a year but it honestly only took me a day or two. Guess it is like riding a bike Smile

Anyway, here is a trailer for my new custom story. It will be small, about 20-40 minutes of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2YNWM1zivo

Oh and by the way, anyone know where I can get some custom entities? I'd be willing to pay if someone can point me in the right direction. I have an idea for a monster with an animation but I can't make it myself. I know Damascus got a custom monster done for Coward's Debt.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10
RE: ALND The Last Sip [Teaser Trailer]

(07-24-2014, 11:48 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Hey guys, I wanted to make a thread to keep people up to date on my new custom story. I thought it would take me a while to do it because I hadn't coded in over a year but it honestly only took me a day or two. Guess it is like riding a bike Smile

Anyway, here is a trailer for my new custom story. It will be small, about 20-40 minutes of gameplay.

Oh and by the way, anyone know where I can get some custom entities? I'd be willing to pay if someone can point me in the right direction. I have an idea for a monster with an animation but I can't make it myself. I know Damascus got a custom monster done for Coward's Debt.

I liked the last part of the video. Well done.

Also about custom monsters - nobody will do it for free. It's hard work, sculpting it, texturing it, animating it etc. is really time consuming.
07-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

(07-25-2014, 12:01 AM)Artsyracoon Wrote:
(07-24-2014, 11:48 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Hey guys, I wanted to make a thread to keep people up to date on my new custom story. I thought it would take me a while to do it because I hadn't coded in over a year but it honestly only took me a day or two. Guess it is like riding a bike Smile

I liked the last part of the video. Well done.

Also about custom monsters - nobody will do it for free. It's hard work, sculpting it, texturing it, animating it etc. is really time consuming.

Oh I know. Like I said I'm willing to pay I just don't want to take an offer from anyone. I want to find someone who can do good work. If they can make it terrifying and match what I have in my head I'd pay 10-30 bucks for it. Maybe more if I can contact Damascus and find out how much his custom monster cost (I don't think mine would be as expensive as it's not an idea for a monster that can chase you, just a static entity that plays a single animation. I only give the general 10-30 bucks statement because I don't know exactly what in general a person would have to pay for this.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
07-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Damn! Awesome trailer you got there! Can't wait more of this Smile First part was amazing!

I really liked that chase "spike" scene in the end. Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 12:14 AM by HumiliatioN.)
07-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

make the custom story really long

07-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

For modellers part, I recommend posting more content(not like every day but once in a while) and your are 100% guaranteed that this mod will be finished (because I'm very sure no-one likes all that time on a monster for a mod that ends up getting released even if they get 10-30 dollars/euro etc.) the best way to get the trust of a modeller(s). Don't make the same mistakes I did.
07-25-2014, 12:33 AM
Find
Daktoa Offline

You might wanna make more of an effect when the water turns red, cause if it just pops into red it looks a little silly. Perhaps fade it into red with some sounds?
07-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Really nice teaser dude. Great idea. For the monsters part, it's hard since no modeller want their hard worked monster used for something awful. Gives them a bad rep. Also making it for 20+ hours and all they get is a credit?

(07-25-2014, 09:09 AM)Daktoa Wrote: You might wanna make more of an effect when the water turns red, cause if it just pops into red it looks a little silly. Perhaps fade it into red with some sounds?

Water and blood are both liquid so why should there be a difference?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 09:38 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
07-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Find
Daktoa Offline

What I meant is the way it just changes from water color to red without any sort of effect or sound. If it just poofs into the color red it looks like a glitch or something. There needs to be some sort of transition.
07-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

The custom monster for Coward's Debt has been created by Crisosphinx who also made custom monsters for Damascus' previous mod, TGW. You might wanna contact him, since you told you will to pay someone to make a good job. Tongue

Good luck on your project! Hope it's going to be even better than ALND Smile
07-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Find