Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Discussion about Depth and other movies
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

(10-03-2015, 06:56 PM)ShadowDraft Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 06:20 PM)Noisecode Wrote:
Quote:
Spoiler below!

So she basically became the weird screaming woman cyborg that guards the power cell at the upper Omicron level.

Not necessarily... It seems that the girl was the WAU's first attempt to preserve life. The fact that the WAU intentionally injured her pretty much makes it malevolent at this point.

I thought this girl had more scenes, as I recall seeing behind the scenes pictures of her talking to Golaski. I hope not too much of this has been cut. Undecided

What? WAU didn't have the intention to injure anyone at that point. To me this looks like an unfortunate accident.

Don't get me wrong this is clearly after the comet hit earth and WAU starts it's projects to protect humanity but it's not malevolent towards the survivors. Only the failed projects are looking to harm others.

With how that scene played out my guess would be that WAU has started increasing the structure gel pressure in all the walls to build towards .. something. And Jessica applied too much pressure on that wall which lead to a breach.

At least that's my theory right now. I could be proven wrong but seeing that WAU tries to fix her in the last scene makes more sense that way.

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree....

in my interpretation, Jessica being critically injured seemed very intentional because so long as she was not incapacitated the WAU would not be able to........ "Augment" her.

This is just my opinion and interpretation mind you.

I don't think it was trying to kill her per se...... but put her into a vegetative state to make her easier to change? absolutely intended. And with no visible surveillance camera in the room, her hammering on the wall gave her position to the WAU so it knew what pipe to rupture at just the right moment.

[Image: signature015.jpg]
10-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

It is possible that in a twisted sense of computer logic, the Warden believes that the current "lives" that the Humans of Pathos-2 are leading is insufficient and not being safeguarded in the world that they have after the Comet hit, (they're running out of food, etc.) so I believe that the WAU would kill their bodies and then use structure gel to remake them into better "lives" that can thrive in the new Ecosystem that the Warden will create. Obviously also the current human lives would be incompatible with this new world.

I think it is mentioned that after the Comet hit the Warden seemed to change and its programming became more focused, it was likely generating the variables for how human life can be safeguarded post an Extinction-Level-Event, and likely came to the conclusion that they could not. So using the brain scans and the structure gel it could safeguard the remaining humans in its own way.
10-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Find
jamman39 Offline

Threads: 0

It seems like after Jessica is injured the WAU holds the door to the medical lab closed for about ten seconds (after the medical guy says, "if we dont get that door open in ten seconds..."). When the door finally does open, the crewman who was trying to open it even says, "that wasn't me."

I'm not 100% clear on whether or not the WAU attacked Jessica, but it definitely made sure she didn't survive.
10-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4

Keep in mind that there's a lot of time that seems to pass in between some of these cuts, both in this video and in others. Maybe it's not just the videos that are out of order but scenes from videos. Like, maybe the 4th video takes place in between the the first and second scene in the 5th video.
10-04-2015, 04:02 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah, I have no idea what order these transmissions are supposed to go in.

From the timeline of events though it seems that things went bad very very quickly after the Comet, the WAU almost instantly began corrupting the Structure Gel and then taking over the "Helper" Robots. I think all in all the whole events of the known SOMA-verse from the Comet strike to Simon was under a year.
10-04-2015, 04:10 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1

(10-04-2015, 04:10 AM)PathOS Wrote: Yeah, I have no idea what order these transmissions are supposed to go in.

From the timeline of events though it seems that things went bad very very quickly after the Comet, the WAU almost instantly began corrupting the Structure Gel and then taking over the "Helper" Robots. I think all in all the whole events of the known SOMA-verse from the Comet strike to Simon was under a year.

So far the order seems to be 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6. Chronologicaly speaking. Reason? Who knows lol

[Image: signature015.jpg]
10-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

Video number 7 cannot come soon enough.
10-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

10-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

I noted this in the comments for the video, but the "Frontflesh" device created by the WAU is legitimately confusing. More so in this video now than the previous one. Did it actually use the flesh of his daughter to temporarily reanimate her or is he hallucinating talking to his daughter and it's actually just a nest of cables?
10-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

His daughter is on the surface, dead. WAU can't use "her flesh". I'm not sure "frontflesh" exist as an actual thing and not a part of the WAU's own "ARK paradise" dream.

That being said, the motive kind reminds me of PIGS a lot lol.

Additionally, with last few parts we have solid chronology/order, that means things are very close to an end.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 05:56 PM by Kein.)
10-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Find