Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Discussion about Depth and other movies
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

This is pretty interesting, and fills in at least one gap in our understanding - what's the purpose of having an underwater facility in the first place? Subsea oil drilling seems to answer that question, at least in part. I'm sure something else is going down there (in fact, we know there is) but maybe the oil drilling is a pretext to cover up the other "projects". Or maybe getting oil directly from the ocean floor is simply a way to "fuel" the facility, so that no energy resources are required from the surface to keep the place running. As usual, the more we learn the more we don't know haha.

"Tool pusher" seems unambiguously oil-related, so I think you're onto something for sure, Ash. Combined with the pics from the filming of "Depth", I don't think there's any question about it. Nice find Cool

08-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Josh Truax Wrote:November is going to be a big month. #projectapophis

Hmmmm [Image: thinking.png]

On the topic of oil drilling: I was re-reading the preview articles today and found this:

Digital Trends Wrote:[Grip has] nothing to say about who our protagonist is, or why the facility’s robots went rogue. Could it have to do with reports of a black, oily substance that we discovered as we explored?

10-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

From a relatively recent interview of Don Thacker:
Don Thacker Wrote:[...] it’s tentatively called Depth right now, to be released in 2015. It’s a collusion between my company Imagos Films and the Swedish game company Frictional Games. Motivational Growth put me in a position where I was able to sell my services as a commercial maker and I made a number of commercials for Frictional Games. We really liked working together so together we created an idea for this movie. We have finished principle photography and are moving into post within the next month or so, and it should come out in 2015.

[...] Parts of the film are going to be used in a story campaign coming up where you’ll get a little bit more than previews. But not yet!

So I guess it'll be that story campaign that starts in November as the film is obviously not ready until 2015 (IMDB says 1 June 2015). In any case, I'm looking forward to it. Smile
10-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Ooooo nice! I wonder what he means by "story campaign" and "more than previews". It makes me think that parts of Depth will be released as short films, like Vivarium and Mockingbird. Maybe these "parts" will populate the empty slots on the SOMA website, too.

Things are getting interesting again Cool

EDIT: another Tweet from Josh:

Josh Truax Wrote:Time for a hyper focused two weeks. Leading up to an awesome pickup shoot. #projectapophis

EDIT #2: and another:

Josh Truax Wrote:Photo: This whole #hair thing is getting out of control again. One quick fix. #projectapophis http://tmblr.co/ZB49qx1TAYGs5/

EDIT #3: pick-up shoot going on right now:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/projectapophis?src=hash

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 09:22 AM by Paddy™.)
10-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Imagos Films Wrote:Testing new blood splatter gags! Watch your head! ‪#‎ProjectApophis‬

11-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

The pick-up shoot has wrapped:

Wonder Russell Wrote:Picture wrapped #projectapophis last night, straight into a three day intensive for #Actorswork today. All the make believe!

Adrian DiGiovanni Wrote:Thanks to @skinnytie and everyone at @ImagosFilms for a killer week of #MovieTime on #projectapophis. Can't wait for next time!

Trin Miller Wrote:I still can't get my mind around being wrapped on #ProjectApophis. Cast & crew blew me away every day.

11-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Find
skinnytie Offline

Threads: 0
Exclamation  RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

This is all so very interesting...
11-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Website Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

(11-15-2014, 07:20 AM)skinnytie Wrote: This is all so very interesting...

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to splurge any and all details about the film(s) Cool

By the way, fantastic work on Vivarium and Mockingbird!

11-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

A little video from the set of "Depth". It doesn't show much, but I liked it.

Imagos Films Wrote:Taking a quick walk to the set! #projectapophis

Oh, and welcome, Don! Smile

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 11:22 PM by Ashtoreth.)
11-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Thanks Ashtoreth, here's another one.

11-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Find