Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Killer bug in Requiem level 6
Clueless Newbie Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Killer bug in Requiem level 6

Actually, there are two bugs in this level. The first, most obvious one, is that if this level is entered from a game saved within the level, I get about 3 spf (not fps). This is unplayable. However, I find that if the level is loaded by entering from a game saved on the previous level, the frame rate is just fine. Odd, but I can deal with it by playing the level in one go.

The bug that kills the level has to do with the switch near Red's radio. This is how it behaves before I touch it:

[Image: spin1.jpg]
[Image: spin2.jpg]

As you can see by the images, it hangs in midair and spins like crazy. That doesn't stop me from dragging it around though:

[Image: spin3.jpg]
[Image: spin4.jpg]
[Image: spin5.jpg]

Still spinning like a top. I can also through the thing through walls. Anybody else have this problem? Know what to do with it?

I am using a first gen Mac Pro (2 GHz) with OS 10.5.6, a GeForce 8800 GT and a gig of RAM. I downloaded Requiem last tuesday, version 1.0.2985.

Other than that; I have all three Penumbra games. Black Plague was better than Overture, and so far, the level design of Requiem is far, far better than that of the previous two games.
03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Find
Clueless Newbie Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Killer bug in Requiem level 6

And all by itself, the problem went away. I can load saves made within the level, and the lever stayed put (never used it though). The problem was consistent through several attempts at playing the game, and now.. gone.

Oh well... currently at level 8 (?) It'll be interesting to see whether the bug is there the next time I play Requiem.
03-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Find