Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Windows 7 vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Windows 7 vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP

What do you think is the best Windows for the gamers?

I had Windows Vista Ultimate and to be honest, I hate that Windows...
It takes way too much resources for my taste.

Windows XP works wonders but it's not that eye candy.

Windows 7 is awesome looking and easy to handle, however, some of the older games won't automatically work.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM by Yuhaney.)
02-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Windows 7 vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP

I've heard some nice things about 7 too. But from my experience, I stick to XP for gaming. ^^

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I have no idea what Windows 7 is, can't judge. XP did a great job with games over ME. Vista, couldn't get this game to go, call of duty 2 or something, so I gave up on it fast
02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Windows 7 wins. Game over. Insert new coin.
In Windows 7 we're probably going to see at least the same gaming support as in XP. Windows Vista was a huge failure and pretty much nothing works as it's supposed to. In Windows 7 most things run double speed already now, in the beta. From what I've understood they're going to make Windows 7 the new Windows, kinda like noone uses 98 instead of XP nowadays.
I haven't tried Windows 7 myself yet though, but I've got the beta disc and codes lying right here next to a bag of M&M's. I'll probably fire it up next weekend.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Actually kedjane, I've enjoyed vista far more than I ever did with xp. It has not yet had a blue screen of death, I haven't found one glitch yet, only 2 programs didn't work under it (which was easily enough fixed)

=/

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Some things just got to be idiot-proof. And you are not an idiot for sure Windex, a lot of people might not have the knowledge to make things work. *haha

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

Personally, I haven't had TOO many problems with Vista. Penumbra worked fine on it--the only two things I couldn't get to work right (that I can think of) is Eternal Lands and the original Half-Life. Programs like Open Office, Firefox, Spybot--I've had no issues with so far.

I've heard so many horrible things about Vista, and although I do have a few issues with it (i.e. there's a lot of BS programs like Defender that I'd like to uninstall without effing up my 'puter, and you need at least 2 gigs of RAM--more, really--to run it), it's really not the sadistic demon everyone was making it out to be. Sure, it's not all great, but it's not all horrible either.

02-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(02-22-2009, 04:29 PM)WindexGlow Wrote: Actually kedjane, I've enjoyed vista far more than I ever did with xp. It has not yet had a blue screen of death, I haven't found one glitch yet, only 2 programs didn't work under it (which was easily enough fixed)

=/

If you look around you'll find that near enough all games have problems running on Vista that you won't find on XP and as I've heard eats up uneccessary memory and the like. Then primarily a lot of elder games don't work on Vista, which bothers me alot as I play a lot of classics all the time.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

My Vista was shoddy for games, as soon as i installed XP on it however, it worked like an athelete on crack.
Seriously, i'm gunna give 7 a shot, but i still think the original is the best Big Grin:

Not an image
02-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Hmm... I've tried the latest version of Windows 7 that you can download for free, and it works pretty well! If it's this good later on, I might even buy it.

But let's see it later, I haven't yet tried this long enough... Wink

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 08:12 PM by Yuhaney.)
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Website Find