Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Furguson, Missouri
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5
RE: Furguson, Missouri

very bad
08-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

So the police released the video tape where Michael Brown attacks a shopkeeper like some sort of a big-fat-ass ape just before stealing some stuff. Also according to the most recent news after the video footage, the brown guy attacked the officer the same way he did the shopkeeper and thus got shot

the parents commented "Well no one can be perfect"

Was it over the top that he got shot so many times? yes

but at the end of the day, it was just another criminal

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
08-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

[Image: luv.gif]
08-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

u want to explain how that justifies shooting him in the face

and then 4 more times after he was dead

and then 4 more times after that

and then leaving his body on the street for hours without reporting it

and then eventually admitting that he had no idea brown was even a suspect in the robbery

and literally any of the links i posted on the last page. any of them.

cause im all ears really

alternatively after poking around on google for a bit the robbery was the only part that i can find that was actually caught on tape so could you source him attacking the cop

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 07:09 PM by Kman.)
08-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-16-2014, 07:07 PM)Kman Wrote: u want to explain how that justifies shooting him in the face

and then 4 more times after he was dead

and then 4 more times after that

and then leaving his body on the street for hours without reporting it

and then eventually admitting that he had no idea brown was even a suspect in the robbery

and literally any of the links i posted on the last page. any of them.

cause im all ears really

alternatively after poking around on google for a bit the robbery was the only part that i can find that was actually caught on tape so could you source him attacking the cop

No it was absolutely NOT ok. They mentioned that:
(08-16-2014, 10:01 AM)Dogfood Wrote: Was it over the top that he got shot so many times? yes

Mostly they were only saying that Brown was not "entirely" innocent in the incident either.

-----------------------------

On another note, I've also looked at several of Kman's links, and various other sources, and am now convinced that while both sides have done wrong the police as a whole seem to be the more serious offenders in this.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

that's the thing like im not even saying that brown and the protesters are totally innocent here, it wouldn't surprise me if he pushed the cop and there have definitely been non peaceful riots but that in no way justifies the actions of the police, and specifically the cop that killed brown. there's no way shooting him in that situation was out of self defense given he was unarmed and on his knees when he was shot. that was bad enough but if you consider that and his actions that followed that along with the long history of police brutality against black people and still think this wasn't a violent act of racism that shouldn't be defended i don't know what to say

Posting Freak
08-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

What is this racism? Is it a new phenomenon invented in the late 1900's or is it something that has existed longer than that, perhaps even since man attained the ability to think, and is therefore very hard, or perhpas impossible, to abolish? It might not be socially acceptable, but is it illegal?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

rac·ism
/rāˌsizəm/
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
"a program to combat racism"

(I know that was probably a rhetorical question)

Anyways, I read somewhere (actually, I believe it was my anthropology class last year) that slaves - mainly in Egyptian and Roman societies - were not chosen for their race (unlike when Europe began their conquest to take over the world) as there was less of a belief that skin colour was an indication of intelligence/civility. When white Europeans began taking over other civilizations, they could infer that everyone else was stupid (because of their own superior technology) and, since they started off with Africa/India/places with people of different skin colour to their own, a lot of people assumed that Caucasians were superior to all other races (and the best way to identify another race was skin colour).

As for "is it even legal", you can be persecuted for hate crimes here (Canada), but I don't believe it's illegal to have racist opinions.

Edit: Forgive me if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I took any social studies (anthropology ended in April and racism was a very small portion of it).

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 08:44 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Yay something new instead of the pointing-fingers game.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Umm, I know that here in the UK, actually, here in Wales actually, a man from Cardiff was arrested for online racism. IIRC he was spouting racist opinions to the family of a muslim who was attacked and killed during a hate crime. It's a really sticky thing to try and take action against opinions as y'know, freedom of speech and all...

[Image: luv.gif]
08-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Find