Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Downloading Penumbra collection for Mac from Desura
xoagray Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Downloading Penumbra collection for Mac from Desura

I downloaded the Mac version of this game from Desura. But it seems the files aren't mac files. I would expect the games would be in .dmg format or packaged to load on a Mac, what I got were a bunch of files in a zip folder with .exe files in them.
i downloaded it 3 times to make sure I wasn't hitting the wrong button or something. For some reason, it's not giving me the Mac installers for the full version of the Penumbra collection.

It looks like it's giving me the Windows version of the game, even though I'm hitting the Mac download button. Is there some other way I can get the files? I paid for it via Desura, so I don't know if I can also get it from Frictional's website or something else?

Here's hoping. Smile
08-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Downloading Penumbra collection for Mac from Desura

Sounds like someone uploaded the wrong files to Desura...

08-16-2014, 03:43 AM
Find
xoagray Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Downloading Penumbra collection for Mac from Desura

(08-16-2014, 03:43 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Sounds like someone uploaded the wrong files to Desura...

Yeah, I contacted Desura's support and that's what they're thinking happened as well.
08-16-2014, 03:45 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Well, good thing you reported it here. I'm sure a moderator will forward this message to whoever can do something about it.

08-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Find
xoagray Offline

The Desura rep said they forwarded it to their "Developer Relations Department" as well, so yeah somewhere along the line it should get noticed. It was actually their idea that I come here and post it as well. Figured it might be faster this way, which I'm all for.
08-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Find
xoagray Offline

Just giving this a ping since it's been silent for 10 days.
08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Find