Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help [SOLVED] Changing lantern for FC
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
[SOLVED] Changing lantern for FC

Hi there, I'm experimenting with a Full Conversion, and I'd like to replace the lantern with this flashlight.

I've got my test FC all set up, and have put the flashlight files into the appropriate location. But how do I get the flashlight to actually be used? So far the player still pulls out the regular lantern.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 11:04 PM by Damascus.)
08-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17
RE: Changing lantern for FC

I believe you're supposed to edit the resources.cfg file in your mod and add "/MODNAME/models"
If I can remember that clearly...

Might be correct unless someone here can correct me.

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Have you followed this guide properly and precisely?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

(08-24-2014, 06:48 AM)First Captain Wrote: Have you followed this guide properly and precisely?

Yeah, up until this point:

Quote:Copy the "player" and "hand_objects" folders from the main redist "models" folder and paste them into your "FCNAME_models" folder. This is going to be our base. Now, go into "hand_objects > lantern" and delete everything in there BUT the "lantern.ho". Now go back to the model and save it in that folder as something NAMED DIFFERENTLY than the entity you pick up. Mine is "B_handheldlantern.ent"

Firstly, the penumbra flashlight comes with its own "player" and "hand_objects" assets, which I've copied over into my FC folder. And I'm not sure I understand when it says to delete the items in my "hand_objects > lantern" folder. Does that mean the assets for the main Amnesia game? Cause if that's the case, I don't want the flashlight to overwrite the lantern for the main game, ONLY for the FC.

As it stands now, I have "/testFC/models" added to my resources.cfg.
I have the "lantern.ho" for the penumbra flashlight in my "testFC/models/hand_objects/lantern" folder. It is directed to: Model = "DigiByteFlashLight/hand_flashlight.ent" which is the HandObject I want to appear. I have not altered any of the main game's assets.

08-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Quote: And I'm not sure I understand when it says to delete the items in my "hand_objects > lantern" folder

You're deleting from the Full Conversion folder, not the original Amnesia one. The thing about Full Conversions is that they pull SOME things from Amnesia and the rest from the Full Conversion. If you're redirecting the resources.cfg to your models folder, it will only apply to your Full Conversion.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Alright, I did that. The only thing in my hand_objects/lantern folder is the modified lantern.ho now. But it's still only the regular lantern showing up in the FC.

EDIT: Okay, I'm an idiot. Instead of changing the "/models" directory in my resources file, I just added a new one, so the custom flashlight was still being overwritten by the main game's lantern.ho

Even so, thanks for all the help everyone!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 11:03 PM by Damascus.)
08-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Find