Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMFP custom pickup icon
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: AMFP custom pickup icon

What you can do (and what I'm doing in Black Aether) is sacrifice a cursor category and decide you're not going use it in your mod. For example, you could decide that you don't want to use ladders.

Then all you would need to do is replace the ladder icon image with a document icon image, and tell all the relevant entities to use the ladder category (which now appears to be a document).

Obviously this has it's drawbacks!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 09:33 PM by MrBehemoth.)
08-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

yeah i also got this in mind Big Grin still, for notes it seems impossible to change the focus icon. if nothing else helps, i'll convert them to moveable objects, change the icon and adds a note to the journal on touch. but i would like to keep the as items with them glowing, and acting like in the original game.
08-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

I have changed all the hand icons (and others) in Premonition..
Is that what you want guys?
If yes, i can help ya out??
I know quite a lotm about Full Conversion.

Quote:not exactly. i'm using a full conversion mod with all the AMFP stuff: grab, pickup and push icons, also with custom menu, all the guis from the game, so i know how to use that stuff. my problem is that AMFP has custom crosshair icon for NOTES. and i can't get it to work in TDD with the mentioned command, even that i added its tga file into graphics/hud :c
What you can also do is...
PHP Code: (Select All)
SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback("LookatTheEntitiy""TheActualScript"true); 
And change the icon there with the scrptfunction Flawless told ;
PHP Code: (Select All)
SetEntityCustomFocusCrossHair("EntityName""Pick"); 
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 06:03 PM by DnALANGE.)
08-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Find