Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMFP custom pickup icon
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32
AMFP custom pickup icon

hey!
i would like to use the custom pickup_note.tga for the notes that are available for the game. i found a command: SetEntityCustomFocusCrossHair, but i can't make it to work, the icon stays the normal pickup icon when i focus on the notes. anyone knows how to get this work properly? :o there is no crosshair for notes in TDD, i got it from AMFP, maybe i have to add it to the game itself somehow?
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 09:20 AM by KiraImmortal.)
08-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: AMFP custom pickup icon

Oh you want to use the AAMFP hand pickup icon but the default ATDD hand pickup icon appears instead? I think it's built in and most likely needs an FC.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

not exactly. i'm using a full conversion mod with all the AMFP stuff: grab, pickup and push icons, also with custom menu, all the guis from the game, so i know how to use that stuff. my problem is that AMFP has custom crosshair icon for NOTES. and i can't get it to work in TDD with the mentioned command, even that i added its tga file into graphics/hud :c
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 09:38 AM by KiraImmortal.)
08-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Have you tried this?
void SetEntityCustomFocusCrossHair(string& asName, string& asCrossHair);

It's a more complicated solution, but it's a work around, and might work. Just use a for-loop at the same names for the notes.

Trying is the first step to success.
08-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Firstly, yes you can override textures in the game, but since notes use the same as the normal pickup icon, I think it would replace it for all items.

Secondly, the SetEntityCustomFocusCrossHair script uses preset names for the asCrossHair var. It's not the file name, but the name of the pickup entry. For example

PHP Code: (Select All)
SetEntityCustomFocusCrossHair("EntityName""Pick"); 

This will make the Pick icon appear when you focus the EntityName entity/area.

Quote:asCrossHair - desired crosshair, can be: Default (uses default), Grab, Push, Ignite, Pick, LevelDoor, Ladder

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 10:28 AM by Mudbill.)
08-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

yeah that's also what i've tried.

SetEntityCustomFocusCrossHair("note_chain", "hud_crosshair_over_note.tga");

i placed this line in OnStart(), just like i've seen it in amfp. also i've tried original like hud_crosshair_over_leveldoor.tga, but none of them works for me :/

i understand. then, how can i add a new category called "Note"? is it possible?

okey, i tried what you've mentioned Mudbill. Your version works on objects like books, bottles, but have no effects on notes. what could be the reason for this? :o
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 10:51 AM by KiraImmortal.)
08-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I personally haven't tried it on notes before, but perhaps their own icon overrides it. Maybe they are focused in a different way that makes them not trigger the focus event. I would be odd though. I'm sure there's some way to get it working. I can't really test it at the moment though.

08-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

yeah there must be a way cause AMFP used it, and most functions were transfered into TDD with the 1.3 patch. i just can't figure it out how to do it. well if you have time and you can try it i would be grateful, i'll continue testing also myself Smile
08-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Well, even with the 1.3 patch, there are many things that aren't available in TDD from AMFP. If everything was possible, you could probably make AMFP into a FC mod for TDD if you wanted to.

Perhaps this is such a minor thing that they didn't think of transfering it to TDD. Maybe they will if they decide to update the beta patch.

08-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

well let me know if it is possible, it's really a minor thing, but i don't release any mod of mine before it's totally finished with everything possible that i've been planning Smile
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Find