Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

TDD & Penumbra Being Removed From GOG by September 2nd
Magmarock Offline

Threads: 5
RE: TDD & Penumbra Being Removed From GOG by September 2nd

(09-04-2014, 07:58 AM)Mudbill Wrote: But as they've said, they make 2 copies of the game when releasing it; one for Steam and one for retail/GOG/whatever else. So that must mean the copies are the same if you get it on GOG or through the Fricional Games store, therefore the patch should work fine with either.

And just because it's not sold anymore doesn't mean it shouldn't be updated. Updates are usually good. Not that I expect many updates in the near future though. If we're lucky, we get the 1.3 patch, but that's it.

Well, it doesn't usually happen, but that doesn't mean it won't. I'm still disappointed though. FG is a great studio.
09-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Amnesia: TDD DEMO was removed from Steam as well.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Will Amnesia remain avaiable at the Humble Store, or will it get also removed?
09-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

This thread is about GOG and their decision/policy on the matter. Humble Store has nothing to do with that. If such thing even happens, another discussion thread might be started. Irrelevant as of now though.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 11:36 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(09-11-2014, 11:21 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: This thread is about GOG and their decision/policy on the matter. Humble Store has nothing to do with that. If such thing even happens, another discussion thread might be started. Irrelevant as of no though.

OK, thank you pluto. I ordered Amnesia again at the Humble Store when it was for 2,99 EUR discount. I already bought it via FG store, but Humble Store is updated to 1.2.1 (removed serial validation) and seems to have more stable download servers.

I hope it will remain there for a long future.Shy
09-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Find
Lebostein Offline

Threads: 0

The price system on Humble is also different. If I would purchase "A Machine for Pigs" on Humble Store, I have to pay 17.49 €. If I use the Humble-Widget on http://www.frictionalgames.com I have to pay 20.00 $ = 15.81 €. What is going wrong?

PS: Steam is a big fail. I would never purchase a game on Steam. Now you can see, why. If someday FG decide to remove their games from Steam (from whatever reason, no one can know what the future holds), you lost your games. Please com back to GOG. That's childish!

@Frictional Games:
1. Why "A Machine for Pigs" is not removed from GOG.com? Please remove "A Machine for Pigs" also, otherwise your action is not credible. Be consequent!
2. A very important question for costumers of Amnesia TDD on GOG: Will FG continue to upload updates to GOG.com?
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 03:28 PM by Lebostein.)
10-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-08-2014, 03:04 PM)Lebostein Wrote: Steam is a big fail. I would never purchase a game on Steam. Now you can see, why. If someday FG decide to remove their games from Steam (from whatever reason, no one can know what the future holds), you lost your games.

I'm not here to defend Steam (because I agree that it's always better to own DRM-free copies of games than a mere "subscription", as Steam calls it), but I just want to clarify something. When a game is removed from the Steam Store, it remains in the Library of those who have purchased it. For example, "Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures", by Telltale Games, has been removed from all stores in January this year ("due to the expiration of their distribution rights for the Wallace & Gromit intellectual property" - from Wikipedia), and I can still download and play the game on Steam.

There's only one game in the history of Steam that has been removed completely, from the store and the users' libraries: "Order of War: Challenge". Square Enix decided to shut down all the servers, so the game supposedly became unplayable. A dickish move by the publisher, yes, but there's no reason to think that a similar thing would happen to a single-player game.

Edit:

(10-08-2014, 03:04 PM)Lebostein Wrote: The price system on Humble is also different. If I would purchase "A Machine for Pigs" on Humble Store, I have to pay 17.49 €. If I use the Humble-Widget on http://www.frictionalgames.com I have to pay 20.00 $ = 15.81 €. What is going wrong?

I found this:

Widget Developer FAQ Wrote:Q: Do you localize for international currency/language?

A: At the moment, all widgets are in English and dollars. Customers will be able to purchase seamlessly, with the payment providers exchanging as needed (some exchange fees may apply). However please contact us if you would like your widget in a different currency! We will do what we can to accommodate.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 08:59 PM by Ashtoreth.)
10-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Did not know the widget was not working like the Humble Store, so removed the (old) widget from the news posts.

1. We did not remove anything. We only requested to have our games sold at the same price for different currencies as it is elsewhere.
2. Yes.

If we remove our games from Steam they remain in your library as far as I know. Our games are also DRM free on Steam as they are elsewhere so you can make a local backup if you are extra scared of loosing purchased games.

Sorry for being childish Angel

(10-08-2014, 03:04 PM)Lebostein Wrote: The price system on Humble is also different. If I would purchase "A Machine for Pigs" on Humble Store, I have to pay 17.49 €. If I use the Humble-Widget on http://www.frictionalgames.com I have to pay 20.00 $ = 15.81 €. What is going wrong?

PS: Steam is a big fail. I would never purchase a game on Steam. Now you can see, why. If someday FG decide to remove their games from Steam (from whatever reason, no one can know what the future holds), you lost your games. Please com back to GOG. That's childish!

@Frictional Games:
1. Why "A Machine for Pigs" is not removed from GOG.com? Please remove "A Machine for Pigs" also, otherwise your action is not credible. Be consequent!
2. A very important question for costumers of Amnesia TDD on GOG: Will FG continue to upload updates to GOG.com?
10-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

ATDD and Penumbra are back on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/back_on...collection

12-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Find
sbolokanov Offline

Threads: 0

(10-09-2014, 10:35 AM)jens Wrote: snip
I bought the Penumbra before they were removed with anticipation that we will get linux versions soon, but that never happend. Then you removed the games from the GOG catalog completely and that was the end of Frictional or so it seemed.

So now that games are back, and Amnesia games got linux versions. Are we going to get Penumbra for linux too?
Yes I know that I shouldn't have bought it, but any official comment will be appreciated.
05-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Find