Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which music is best in your taste?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Music 1
22.22%
2 22.22%
Music 2
33.33%
3 33.33%
None of them
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to pick a music for my main menu
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
Need to pick a music for my main menu

Now, I've gotten complaints of people not liking the current main menu music and I need to pick a new one. So since I don't know which music to pick myself, I wanna hear from your guys perspective.

Now, to make this slightly easier for me, I need you guys to tell me why you've picked this poll, for what reason that music is better than the other, which would make me being able to reflect on your opinions.

Here's the poll, choose wisely.

Music 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38BBSLYnfZo

Music 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hYsIac_6g

Also, if you guys pick none of them, mind showing me a better one if thats the case? What I'm searching for is something remindable of the Underworld. Walking around there, experiencing the screams and the terror.

Derp.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 07:14 PM by Neelke.)
08-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Need to pick a music for my main menu

You can check this site out "Incompetech Royalty Free Music" they have lots of free soundtracks there Wink

08-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Most of them are usually not trustable neither good to me. Sorry.

Derp.
08-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

I really very very much prefer the Alice music. Both Alice games have a great soundtrack in my opinion. I love the whole psychedelic industrial doom vibe! It's darker, more epic and the tonal range imparts a wide range of emotions that fit both the themes of Alice, and your theme of the Underworld.

BUT... I voted "none of them", because I would be much more impressed if you sourced some royalty free or Creative Commons music. I mean no offence, and I offer this in the spirit of constructive criticism, but if I were to play your mod and notice that the music is not yours to redistribute, I would feel cheated and I think it would cheapen the experience. ...That's just my opinion. I know lots of modders (not just Amnesia modders) don't see intellectual property as a big deal, but I kinda feel that it is.

Check out these search results on freemusicarchive.org. Out of these 6000 results, there are lot's of tracks here that fit your theme, and every single one of them has been made because the creator wants you to re-use it in you story, and they're almost all licensed on a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial licence, which means you are free to use and redistribute them as long as you make no money from it and you give them a credit. (It will also ensure that YouTubers have no copyright problems if they do a Let's Play.) Happy listening!

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 10:22 PM by MrBehemoth.)
08-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Who the fuck criticised that first menu track? Imo it's the best one you can pick there.

And to guys who suggested a change of the music, here is a basic guide on what should yo do.

c:

JK
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 11:44 PM by Slanderous.)
08-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

The first one is pretty, but the mood is prayer-like and longing, almost hopeful even, not really something I'd associate with "screams and terror". Unless, of course, you were going for that hopeful rather than oppressive mood.

The second one sounds like action music, I don't think would fit in a menu.

I like MrBehemoth's suggestion, there's good music on that site. This one sounds pretty good: http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Alex_M...id/03_1053

I also like this, it's really dark and even has human wheezing effects. What's not to love? http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fre...UAN1100804

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 04:38 AM by MyRedNeptune.)
08-29-2014, 04:20 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Yea, something tense. Since there were no other choices, I'm on Alice ^_^

Trying is the first step to success.
08-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Find
Neelke Offline

Hmm, MrBenemoth you've actually proved me wrong about the thoughts over free music pages. This was beyond my expectations to find. Guess I have to trust these pages in the future.

Thanks for your votes and opinions, are gonna be useful to me for deciding this.

Derp.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 05:01 PM by Neelke.)
08-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Find