Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escape Menu "Save and Quit" Option
Kaizerwolf Offline

Threads: 9
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Escape Menu "Save and Quit" Option

Hey all,

Just recently I have been replaying through this game with my room mate. A while ago I used to make maps for fun in Amnesia, and had followed a guide on setting up an easy developer kind of environment.

At the moment, in game, in the escape menu, there is no option for "Save and Quit". I don't know if I disabled this or if the game mechanics changed somehow. If there is a way to undo this, I would love to know! I've hunted through the settings but I cant quite find it.

Thanks in advance,
Kw
09-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Escape Menu "Save and Quit" Option

Reinstalling the game and remove the settings files might be the easiest way to fix it.
09-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Well, the development environment is installed in your save directory, which on Windows is Documents\Amnesia\Main. If you either delete that folder or certain files inside it, they should regenerate when you start the game and be using the default settings. This will delete your saves too though. If you don't want that, you can pick out a few specific files to delete instead.

If I remember correctly, this includes something along the lines of main_settings.cfg and (within your user folder) a user_settings.cfg. Don't remember if those are the exact names, but it should be similar.

09-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Check Problem A3 of the troubleshooting guide to reset main_settings.cfg
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Find