Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks

This case is a case of privacy invasion. Yea, sure, the internet isn't the safest place to put your nudes, but I find the reaction of most people incredible. Most of people I've known didn't even think about the person that got their nude leaked. So, first things first:

-A nude, in most cases, is a PRIVATE photo. As it, it shall remain PRIVATE, which is the point. Having someone destroy your privacy is a really disgusting act.

-In some cases people like what the hacker has done, and that's plain outrageous. You shouldn't respect a thief that destroys someone's privacy like this, nevertheless of who's picture is. It's not everything about the who, it's about the "what". Sure, being famous is something that makes you a target, but that's not an excuse to do it. It's an abomination even if it was anyone who's personality isn't famous. It's not at all about the "who" it's about the "what", as I said before.

I've found myself to be the only one that thinks this in lots of conversations around my social circles.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

(09-07-2014, 12:10 PM)The chaser Wrote: -In some cases people like what the hacker has done, and that's plain outrageous. You shouldn't respect a thief that destroys someone's privacy like this, nevertheless of who's picture is. It's not everything about the who, it's about the "what". Sure, being famous is something that makes you a target, but that's not an excuse to do it. It's an abomination even if it was anyone who's personality isn't famous. It's not at all about the "who" it's about the "what", as I said before.

This is pretty much what I was trying to say. But also, more importantly...

(09-06-2014, 03:46 PM)Wooderson Wrote: Or another thing to think about, censorship. If mainstream film industry wasn't so prudent thanks to the MPAA, then I believe the media wouldn't jump on the shock factor of all this. The shock is not some devious hacker has done this so much, but that there is tits and vag to be seen. In fact, I think this is yet another classic case of the media making this seem like a bigger deal than it really is. Exaggerated very much like many moral panics of the past.

This. Absolutely This. This is the root of the problem and why this issue has become a drama.

(09-06-2014, 03:46 PM)Wooderson Wrote: This pretty much sums up the state of things.
NSFW or children because somebody please think of the children XD
Spoiler below!

[Image: 694f8551c9816b7e589ea2c7fb8422cb.png]

Notice how the Swiss article is protecting the privacy of the person, whereas the US article is protecting us all from the mind corrupting, child perverting, society destroying, obscene horror of being forced to look at a nipple. I'm sure glad that the pinnacle of Western censorship is there to tell us what we should and shouldn't be ashamed about. [/sarcasm]

09-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(09-07-2014, 12:10 PM)The chaser Wrote: This case is a case of privacy invasion. Yea, sure, the internet isn't the safest place to put your nudes, but I find the reaction of most people incredible. Most of people I've known didn't even think about the person that got their nude leaked. So, first things first:

-A nude, in most cases, is a PRIVATE photo. As it, it shall remain PRIVATE, which is the point. Having someone destroy your privacy is a really disgusting act.

-In some cases people like what the hacker has done, and that's plain outrageous. You shouldn't respect a thief that destroys someone's privacy like this, nevertheless of who's picture is. It's not everything about the who, it's about the "what". Sure, being famous is something that makes you a target, but that's not an excuse to do it. It's an abomination even if it was anyone who's personality isn't famous. It's not at all about the "who" it's about the "what", as I said before.

I've found myself to be the only one that thinks this in lots of conversations around my social circles.

Well that's disturbing.
But I guess women being broken down to individual parts instead of being an actual person is nothing new.

09-08-2014, 02:48 AM
Find