Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture Steam Texture Problem
erreib Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Overture Steam Texture Problem

I've been searching the forums, but can find no working solution to my problem.

I downloaded the Penumbra Collector Pack off Steam, and everything downloaded just fine. Playing through the first part of Overture, everything worked great. But then I got to the part after you go down the hatch, and you first step foot into the underground area. When I went into the tunnel that you need to smash the wood to get through, the walls were invisible. I think that there were missing textures. I have an ATI Radeon HD 3400 series graphics card, and a Quad Core CPU 2.6 GHz. I disabled the Catylist AI, but that did not help. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate the solution. Thank you!
And also, when I go into the storage room, those shoes are huge! Like really big. Not sure if that's another glitch or the way there supposed to be.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2009, 06:56 PM by kilohoku.)
03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Find
erreib Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Overture Steam Texture Problem

Also, in addition to some more missing textures, several objects are very over sized, but then go back to normal once I re enter the room.
03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you verified the cache integrity of the game files? I saw in a thread on Steam that a user with a similar problem solved it this way.
03-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Website Find
erreib Offline

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately, after I went into the game properties, and I verified the cache integrity, there are still some missing textures, such as the floor in certain parts of the area right before the electricity generator.
03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Find
erreib Offline

I guess no one has any ideas?
04-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you tried to uninstall the drivers completely, restart the computer and then install new drivers?

It's not that the game needs new drivers, rather that drivers can be corrupted and doing a proper reinstallation can fix many issues.
04-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Website Find