Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Has anyone gotten any of the Penumbra games to work on Mac?!
Choboo2 Offline

Threads: 1
Has anyone gotten any of the Penumbra games to work on Mac?!

I bought the game series 2 years ago during a Steam holiday sale and have not been able to play any of them. Recently, I finally got Amnesia The Dark Descent to work in windowed mode, but that's it. When I click on Penumbra Overture The screen goes black, that's it. I can't even Option/Command Delete (mac version of ctrl/alt delete) out of the screen. I have to shut off the computer and start again.
Has anyone been able to get this to work? Thanks for any advice you might have!
09-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Has anyone gotten any of the Penumbra games to work on Mac?!

As far as I know a patch is already in the works for both Penumbra and Amnesia. But I don't know if they're still working on it or finish it only after SOMA got released. There are no information yet.
09-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Find
vanderdulle Offline

Threads: 1

Actually, the patch has already been implemented. However, there's been a new Update to Mavericks in September and it seems as if that rendered the patch useless again. This pretty much sucks since I got myself to finally buy the Penumbra-pack just to find out I'm too late.

Is there any chance of another patch being worked on? I'm really desperate to try Penumbra after Amnesia's brought me such a splendid gaming experience.
09-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Yes patches are in the works and trying to get them done as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay and I really do hope we have them done soon.
09-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Website Find