Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pigs do not appear
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Pigs do not appear

That should be an easy fix. Now, IF it happens that no text appears anywhere in your story, like no description or so, then the issue is your lang file. If the note is the only thing without text, it's likely that the entries don't match. In the NoteText box, type your entry, for example "MyNote".
In your lang, within the category "Journal" add an entry named "Note_MyNote_Name" and one named "Note_MyNote_Text". Don't forget closing entry tags.

09-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

Threads: 5

(09-12-2014, 10:18 PM)Mudbill Wrote: That should be an easy fix. Now, IF it happens that no text appears anywhere in your story, like no description or so, then the issue is your lang file. If the note is the only thing without text, it's likely that the entries don't match. In the NoteText box, type your entry, for example "MyNote".
In your lang, within the category "Journal" add an entry named "Note_MyNote_Name" and one named "Note_MyNote_Text". Don't forget closing entry tags.

No, I have already wrote this! well, here is my .lang file, I didn't write the other notes because of this issue. Well, see if you can find the error. And I have put the note name in the level editor

<LANGUAGE>
  <RESOURCES>
    <Directory Path="lamburs_machine/fonts/eng"/>
    <Directory Path="lamburs_machine/lang/eng"/>
  </RESOURCES>
    <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_mansiontext_Name">In my dreams</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_mansiontext_Text">In my dreams, I am married with my beloved Jennifer, In my dreams, I am a good man, in my dreams I have a happy family. but my real life is not like my dreams. Here I have no family. Here I am anointed by blood of a violent murder. Here I am haunted by a deep sadness...</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
  <CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
  </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 11:34 PM by DarkPearStudios.)
09-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I see no issues here. Are you sure the lang file is properly formatted as clean text? Did you make sure to apply the note text to the entity?

09-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

(09-12-2014, 11:46 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I see no issues here. Are you sure the lang file is properly formatted as clean text? Did you make sure to apply the note text to the entity?

Yes, The NoteText of the note is correctly! Well, I believe that is formatted as clear text, I wrote it with the WordPad, Maybe is the program that I'm using?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:33 AM by DarkPearStudios.)
09-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

No, wordpad probably doesn't work. Use Notepad, and when saving it, choose ALL FILES instead of .txt files. You can also just right click and choose New > Textfile, then rename the .txt extension to .lang. Make sure you have extensions enabled.

I recommend you use Notepad++ in the future though. http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:29 PM by Mudbill.)
09-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(09-13-2014, 12:28 PM)Mudbill Wrote: No, wordpad probably doesn't work. Use Notepad, and when saving it, choose ALL FILES instead of .txt files. You can also just right click and choose New > Textfile, then rename the .txt extension to .lang. Make sure you have extensions enabled.

I recommend you use Notepad++ in the future though. http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

I used notepad the first time I scripted but notepad ++ shows you which column and number you're writing on and you can change the file every time from the tab. It's super useful Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:33 PM by Radical Batz.)
09-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

Strange, I try with the notepad++ and the notepad but still don't working! And again. Was only when I converted my custom to a full conversion! When it was a normal custom story, the extra_english.lang (now english.lang) worked fine! What could it be?
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 11:51 AM by DarkPearStudios.)
09-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Custom history...
Thats new..

The mansiontext...
Did you put that in the NOTE not journal.
It has to be a note.
Open the entity in the note in the lvleditor, and paste mansiontext in there.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 08:16 PM by DnALANGE.)
09-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

(09-13-2014, 08:12 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Custom history...
Thats new..

The mansiontext...
Did you put that in the NOTE not journal.
It has to be a note.
Open the entity in the note in the lvleditor, and paste mansiontext in there.

Well, this is what I did: in the Level Editor I open the entities, then I click in Item and then note_letter.ent then I put the note where I want. Then, with the note selected, I click in entity and in category "notetext" I wrote mansiontext. After All I open my english.lang and write the note name and note text. Then I test the map and the note just don't have text and name. I forgot to do something?

Oh, and you should do more mods, Premonition was amazing!

P.S: Forgive me, custom history... Jesus...
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 11:50 AM by DarkPearStudios.)
09-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Find