Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help My notes have to text!
DarkPearStudios Offline

Threads: 5
My notes have to text!

Hello, I'm making a Amnesia Full Conversion, and I decide that's the time to write the notes of my mod. But here comes the problem: the notes have no text and no title! Here is the Image of the letter open:

[Image: VK2CveM.png]

And here is my .lang file

<LANGUAGE>
  <RESOURCES>
    <Directory Path="lamburs_machine/fonts/eng"/>
    <Directory Path="lamburs_machine/lang/eng"/>
  </RESOURCES>
    <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_mansiontext_Name">In my dreams</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_mansiontext_Text">In my dreams, I am married with my beloved Sophie, In my dreams, I am a good man, in my dreams I have a happy family. but my real life is not like my dreams. Here I have no family. Here I am anointed by blood of a violent murder. Here I am haunted by a deep sadness...</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
  <CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
  </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Oh, and in the level editor, the NoteText of my note is correctly too!

So, if someone found any error here, please help me!

P.S If anyone find some mistakes in my english, forgive me, I'm really tired, because I'm recording my gameplay trailer, and to get the perfect version... oh my god, it's so hard!
09-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: My notes have to text!

The only thing I could tell you is to check to make sure that in the editor, you connect the text from the .lang file to the note. There should be a box labeled "NoteText". In that box, you should type in the name of your note, in this case: mansiontext.

If that doesn't work, try restarting game. I've run into problems before where I've made changes and have attempted to fix something only to see nothing happen in-game, but restarting the game makes it work.

Hope this helps as I cannot see any errors, but perhaps someone else can.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 09:12 PM by AGP.)
09-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Can you confirm the file format is correct? Has the text showed up before in that same file?
What's the name of the file? Where is it located?

09-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

Used the Lang Editor tool someone developed a short while ago. You've got no errors in your lang. The only thing this can be chalked up to is what you've named the notes in the editor.

There are two places to name said notes. The first is in the "General" tab, in the level editor, where it says name, but that's for internal functions. The other is at the bottom of the "Entity" tab in the level editor, where it says NoteText. This is where, according to your .lang, your note should be named "mansiontext".

To avoid problems, usually I name the note in the General tab and in the Entity tab the same names. So try to see if copy and pasting the name directly from your .lang into both those spots will do anything.

If this doesn't work, make sure that your full conversion is accessing the correct .lang file. FC's are particularly picky about where their stuff comes from, so make sure everything in your resource file is labelled as it should be. Also make sure it's in the correct file.

EDIT: Also, I know exactly how you feel about recording that perfect take for a trailer, haha. Been there, done that, still doing it, actually. It's definitely a challenge to get it just right.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 09:45 PM by MsHannerBananer.)
09-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

(09-15-2014, 09:41 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Can you confirm the file format is correct? Has the text showed up before in that same file?
What's the name of the file? Where is it located?

I believe that the file format is correct, I rewrite in the NotePad++, but no results. Yes, when was a normal custom story, the text showed! The name of the file is english.lang The file is located in : MYMODNAME/config/lang

(09-15-2014, 09:42 PM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: Used the Lang Editor tool someone developed a short while ago. You've got no errors in your lang. The only thing this can be chalked up to is what you've named the notes in the editor.

There are two places to name said notes. The first is in the "General" tab, in the level editor, where it says name, but that's for internal functions. The other is at the bottom of the "Entity" tab in the level editor, where it says NoteText. This is where, according to your .lang, your note should be named "mansiontext".

To avoid problems, usually I name the note in the General tab and in the Entity tab the same names. So try to see if copy and pasting the name directly from your .lang into both those spots will do anything.

If this doesn't work, make sure that your full conversion is accessing the correct .lang file. FC's are particularly picky about where their stuff comes from, so make sure everything in your resource file is labelled as it should be. Also make sure it's in the correct file.

EDIT: Also, I know exactly how you feel about recording that perfect take for a trailer, haha. Been there, done that, still doing it, actually. It's definitely a challenge to get it just right.

Well, I try edit my resources.cfg, I put directories to MYMODNAME/config and MYMODNAME/config/lang but no results...

After I try to edit my main_init.cfg file, I change the directories of my base_english.lang and my english.lang, but no results. but the base_english.lang continuos playing fine.

After I try to put the "mansiontext" in the General tab, but again, no results; Sad

Really, I don't no anything more that I can do, but I think that, instead of put the Title and Text in the notes, Put only narration, but with no subtitles.

Is there anything more that I can do? Is my new idea good?

Oh, and I take a look in your mod, it's looks very good! And yes, make the trailer is hard, especially when you're using the pigs. I don't know if you will use the pigs, but make a trailer using them, is really hard, because you want that they do one thing, but they do another... But finally, I make a "special map" and I manage to record! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 11:44 PM by DarkPearStudios.)
09-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(09-15-2014, 11:09 PM)DarkPearStudios Wrote: After I try to put the "mansiontext" in the General tab, but again, no results; Sad

Did you check NoteText under the Entity tab, the tab next to 'General'?

09-16-2014, 01:39 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Yea.

Unless there's something with the placement of your [ressources] in the .lang file, it looks alright.

So, to make it easier, please post a picture of how the note-entity is set up in the level editor.

Trying is the first step to success.
09-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

(09-16-2014, 01:39 AM)AGP Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 11:09 PM)DarkPearStudios Wrote: After I try to put the "mansiontext" in the General tab, but again, no results; Sad

Did you check NoteText under the Entity tab, the tab next to 'General'?

Yes, and it's correct, well, I post a picture of the note in the level editor, please, check it!

(09-16-2014, 08:35 AM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Yea.

Unless there's something with the placement of your [ressources] in the .lang file, it looks alright.

So, to make it easier, please post a picture of how the note-entity is set up in the level editor.

Here is the picture:

[Image: hsVyer8.jpg]

Any error?
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 03:07 PM by DarkPearStudios.)
09-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I'm not sure whether it'll fix anything, but try writing 'mansiontext' in CustomSubItemTypeName

Trying is the first step to success.
09-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Could you maybe upload your lang file here so we can check if it's correct?

09-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Find