Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin

I've started a site on ModDB for the mod.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-chromanin

From now on I will propably post more there, because currently I have more to say about the mod itself rather than the development part. And also to promote it a little ;P

But the main reason I'm writing this is to ask: How do I change the thread name ? Because I can't figure that out and it will be important in some time.

01-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Edit thread -> full edit -> "subject" text box above emoticons
01-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

You can also change the thread title by clicking and holding your mouse over your thread's title name when looking at it in the Custom Stories, TCs & mods - Development subforum page.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

RE: Amnesia: Chromanin [Mapping and creative help wanted]

Hi! Once again, I come here to tell you I'm not dead.

~~~~TL;DR~~~~
I'm looking for beta testers, male voice actor and modders who will help me polish some stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~

The mod is almost in Beta now. Which means that it's fully playable but needs some finishing touches and bug checks. Hopefully the beta stage will be very short since I tend to finish everything in a level before I start a new one.

Crucial things left to do are:
-the final level (more of an ending level, to be precise) which will be kinda small
-Voice acting casting and recording
-Integrity checks

The big level I have been previously talking about is finished and playable. However I think it would be good to add particles, more fancy lighting and some non-puzzle events (preferably scares). Meaning I need some ideas for scares suitable to the setting.
The mod also needs to be tested by someone who doesn't know it from start to end.

Therefore I'm looking for people willing to do some work. Don't be afraid though, it's not much.
Most wanted are people familiar with lighting and thorough particle work, but everyone is welcome.

05-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(05-06-2016, 07:40 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Hi! Once again, I come here to tell you I'm not dead.

~~~~TL;DR~~~~
I'm looking for beta testers, male voice actor and modders who will help me polish some stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~

The mod is almost in Beta now. Which means that it's fully playable but needs some finishing touches and bug checks. Hopefully the beta stage will be very short since I tend to finish everything in a level before I start a new one.

Crucial things left to do are:
-the final level (more of an ending level, to be precise) which will be kinda small
-Voice acting casting and recording
-Integrity checks

The big level I have been previously talking about is finished and playable. However I think it would be good to add particles, more fancy lighting and some non-puzzle events (preferably scares). Meaning I need some ideas for scares suitable to the setting.
The mod also needs to be tested by someone who doesn't know it from start to end.

Therefore I'm looking for people willing to do some work. Don't be afraid though, it's not much.
Most wanted are people familiar with lighting and thorough particle work, but everyone is welcome.

Cewl to hear that it's still alive!
05-07-2016, 12:27 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

I can help you with the voice acting/casting. Just let me know what you're looking for and I can send some people your way. Big Grin

05-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Thanks to beloved AGP I have a skillful actor on board. Check him out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/GianniWatchesVideos

Also, a quick question. Do you think posting screenshots with potential spoilers is worth the publicity ?
I'm not sure if it would be better if players enter an area and say:

"Oh what a surprisingly interesting area"
or
"Oh, cool, so this is what I saw on screenshots"

05-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(05-23-2016, 03:11 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Thanks to beloved AGP I have a skillful actor on board. Check him out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/GianniWatchesVideos

Also, a quick question. Do you think posting screenshots with potential spoilers is worth the publicity ?
I'm not sure if it would be better if players enter an area and say:

"Oh what a surprisingly interesting area"
or
"Oh, cool, so this is what I saw on screenshots"

Well, in my experience when I had to make the trailer for my first mod, I knew I had to show something in the video but at the same time I didn't want to spoil anything, specially the important puzzles.
But I also had a problem with some puzzles where the players could totally ruin the whole script/event if they acted on an unexpected way.

Then I decided to include those difficult puzzles on the video, at least partially, hoping they forget what they saw. (The piano killer for example, they saw it in the video but they still ate it. )

As for the difficult puzzles, most of the utubers knew there was a solution, cause they watched the trailer, but they couldn't remember it all. So instead of raging or giving up, or anything, they kept going and searching cause they knew there was a solution.

So I guess it's fine to show stuff and spoil the game a little. They still play the game and like it anyways.

05-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Speaking of screenshots, I've just noticed this in your OP.

(09-19-2014, 09:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: PS. Can I get some help with posting screens ? I could post only 4 with the attachments, and it's not even what I expected to come out. Can't figure out a differentt way though.

I may be able to help you get around this. Do the good ol' upload to a place like imgur or use an application like puush and I'll see if I can merge a couple of screenshots with your OP. Just post as many as you want to show off at the end of this thread and I'll see what I can do! Be sure to put them in spoiler tags Wink

Posting 4, then posting 4 more after usually merges them in one post anyway.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016, 10:34 PM by Romulator.)
05-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:~~~~TL;DR~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hai, I might beta test your mod if you want.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016, 10:35 PM by Slanderous.)
05-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Find