Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game flickers at specific camera angles when shadowes enabled.
luishi5000 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game flickers at specific camera angles when shadowes enabled.

Hello, I just got Penumbra Requiem and I installed it. It launches fine and everything is fine, I use the same graphical settings as in Black Plague (Everything max), and when I turn my camera at certain positions of the game my screen flickers black for one second or so. I turned all the settings off and narrowed it down to the shadows that are causing the problem. When no shadows are enabled it works fine. But when any shadows of any sorts are enabled, I get the flicker when I turn my camera to the certain angles on the screen/ level; so if I turn completely around, it may flicker three or four times. I have the latest patch, and this problem seems to be the case for every level I go to.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
EVGA X58 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8 gh/z
6GB DDR3 RAM
Two "GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked"'s in SLI
I also have dual monitors.

My main monitor is 1680x1050
182.5 GPU drivers.

Thank you.
04-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game flickers at specific camera angles when shadowes enabled.

Have you tried black plague on this computer as well? with same drivers etc as you have now with Requiem?
04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Website Find
Da-Huntha Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game flickers at specific camera angles when shadowes enabled.

I've got the same problem. In addition to flickering to black it also flickers to my desktop or the main menu when I've opened that.

Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
GPU: EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 295 (Single card SLI, On Multi-GPU Rendering)
Drivers: 186.16
With Dual-Monitor set-up, though my second one is disabled.
RAM: 4GB DDR2

I've ran Overture and Black Plague on this PC with the exact same settings fine. In fact, I ran Requiem right after beating BP.
I bought the Steam version.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2009, 12:27 AM by jannrey.)
06-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Find