Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Alone in the Dark - Custom Story
Valid Games Offline

Threads: 1
Photo  Alone in the Dark - Custom Story

Alone in the Dark

Hello everyone, Valid Games here coming with our first release. We are making a name for ourselves so we are starting with Alone in the Dark, an Amnesia Custom Story. This custom story takes place in 1866, at The Old Crackenshire Manor. You play as John Crackenshire the Fourth. You wake up one night, only to find that your wife is gone. You find a note on your Vanity. She has left, along with your child! Play today to find out more!

*Alone in the Dark is roughly 1% finished!*

Downloads

[In Development]

How to's

[Download & Install]
*Please be patient, the Custom Story is still in development and is not released to the public yet, please come back constantly to keep up to date with the progress!*

1. Download latest version.
2. Extract contents in "<your installation directory>\redist\custom_stories\".
3. Open Amnesia and click "Custom Story/Alone in the Dark/Start".
4. Enjoy the custom story!

Undergoing Development

[More levels]

We are very aware that the custom story is in dire need of more levels/maps! We constantly make more and more!

[Mementos]

We are aware that the custom story needs a story line/quests/mementos. We are currently developing this.

[Threats]

Alone in the Dark needs a threats, such as monsters, and damaging interactions. We are developing this.

[Music]

Music completes the eerie mood. We are adding this very soon.

[Interactions]

We are making Alone in the Dark very unique. We will be adding new interactions that the user can play with very soon!

Screenshots

Spoiler below!
[Image: Amnesia_2014_10_02_16_15_51_59.png]
[Image: Amnesia_2014_10_02_16_08_46_08.png]
[Image: Amnesia_2014_10_02_16_08_57_62.png]
[Image: Amnesia_2014_10_02_16_09_19_72.png]

*Alone in the Dark is still in EARLY development. It would really help if you reported bugs/suggested things that we can add! (Do not suggest things that are already undergoing development, please!)*
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 02:30 AM by Valid Games.)
10-02-2014, 04:18 AM
Find
BeartrixTheStrange Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Alone in the Dark - Custom Story

This sounds like a great custom story. The only thing that I would like to see are screenshots of the game, just to see how the story's going~!
If you look for it, I am also willing to lend a female voice in your story.

If anyone is willing for my voice to be in a custom story, please private message me. I have been offline for too long and need to get back in this community!
10-02-2014, 04:33 AM
Website Find
Valid Games Offline

(10-02-2014, 04:33 AM)BeartrixTheStrange Wrote: This sounds like a great custom story. The only thing that I would like to see are screenshots of the game, just to see how the story's going~!
If you look for it, I am also willing to lend a female voice in your story.

Screenshots are on their way! Thanks for suggesting this!

That would help us a ton!
10-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

While I find your screenshots to be interesting, you might want to add some that show more of the actual design, to give us the idea of your visual concept for your game. These seem a little plain and vague, albeit a tad generic.

I'll download this and give it run-through, and report back with anything I find.

And as Beartrix has already offered, should you need a voice, we're both on that like crazy. ;D

10-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Find
Valid Games Offline

(10-02-2014, 06:21 AM)AGP Wrote: While I find your screenshots to be interesting, you might want to add some that show more of the actual design, to give us the idea of your visual concept for your game. These seem a little plain and vague, albeit a tad generic.

I'll download this and give it run-through, and report back with anything I find.

And as Beartrix has already offered, should you need a voice, we're both on that like crazy. ;D

Well we can use as much help as we can get! Like I said though, it is in a very early stage of development so don't expect to much!
10-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

Well, I only have a short list of feedback:

- grammar/spelling nitpicks: In the description for your custom story, change "awaken" to "awoken". This was probably just a typo.
- In the note, use "someone who cares", instead of "that". This is minor, so you can feel free to take it or leave it.
- Don't forget to use your corner welders for those walls; they will get rid of that awkwardness where the two walls meet to form a corner
- Lastly, the lighting seems a bit strange. I can't really tell you how to fix it, hell, I've been working with the editor for a while and still can't get the right lighting! That'll be something you really just need to play around with a lot, or maybe research further into.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 07:14 AM by AGP.)
10-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Find
Valid Games Offline

(10-02-2014, 07:13 AM)AGP Wrote: Well, I only have a short list of feedback:

- grammar/spelling nitpicks: In the description for your custom story, change "awaken" to "awoken". This was probably just a typo.
- In the note, use "someone who cares", instead of "that". This is minor, so you can feel free to take it or leave it.
- Don't forget to use your corner welders for those walls; they will get rid of that awkwardness where the two walls meet to form a corner
- Lastly, the lighting seems a bit strange. I can't really tell you how to fix it, hell, I've been working with the editor for a while and still can't get the right lighting! That'll be something you really just need to play around with a lot, or maybe research further into.

I will be working on the lighting, all of the rest is fixed. I will release the new version when I am finished creating the mementos for the first map.
10-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Best story ever.
10-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

how do you get woken up by a note?

[Image: signature-2.png]
10-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-02-2014, 08:56 AM)Lazzer Wrote: Best story ever.

Did you put that for a reason?

10-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Find