Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Centered note text
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
Centered note text

As in the topic. Is there a way to make the text appear in the centre ? I wanted to make a newspaper, and I think it would make it cooler.

10-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Centered note text

Nope. At least not that I can find, after having tried a few things. If you're working on an FC mod, you can resize and reposition the text box that all journal entries fit into, but not individually. I also thought maybe you could include a line break in the title and have your whole text as an extended title, but that didn't work either - it just ignores the tags.

However, the esteemed Mr Mudbill made this tutorial about taking advantage of the journal background image: you could make an image of a newspaper clipping and lay it out however you like. (Only problem is if you want to have translation, in which case you'd need a separate image.)

Which reminds me, I ought to rep Mudbill for that tutorial. Not because it's really advanced, but because it's an ingenious solution that I wouldn't have thought of myself.

10-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Centered note text

(10-14-2014, 09:21 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: Nope. At least not that I can find, after having tried a few things. If you're working on an FC mod, you can resize and reposition the text box that all journal entries fit into, but not individually. I also thought maybe you could include a line break in the title and have your whole text as an extended title, but that didn't work either - it just ignores the tags.

However, the esteemed Mr Mudbill made this tutorial about taking advantage of the journal background image: you could make an image of a newspaper clipping and lay it out however you like. (Only problem is if you want to have translation, in which case you'd need a separate image.)

Which reminds me, I ought to rep Mudbill for that tutorial. Not because it's really advanced, but because it's an ingenious solution that I wouldn't have thought of myself.

I actually knew that tutorial, but thanks Wink

If there's no other way, this may be a solution.

10-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Find